census,2011

Old Aug 1st 2011, 12:54 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: census,2011

Originally Posted by Bix
I haven't got my form yet but I don't think they ask for bank account details or inside leg measurements.

Mine showed up some time this evening. Which was odd, as I was definitely in, and would have heard the door being knocked...

S
Old Aug 1st 2011, 1:07 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure why they're expecting the website to crash. It breezed through the last one. Are they expecting more people to do it online this time?
Old Aug 1st 2011, 1:08 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Just submitted mine. Pleasantly surprised that they will allow this in advance. Makes sense really to avoid the probable crash on the 10th.

Is the Aussie census less "invasive" (not that that bothers me one jot) than the British One? Can't remember.
I may be wrong but I don't remember the British one asking for names......
Wonder what they will make of "Witch" as a religion, and "Forum Moderator" as my main job
Old Aug 1st 2011, 1:10 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambi
Not sure why they're expecting the website to crash. It breezed through the last one. Are they expecting more people to do it online this time?
I was invloved to a very slight extent with the 2006 census. I understood that there were very few submitted on the net. This year there has been a drive for people to use the net. Saves the door knockers re-visiting addresses (which believe me was a real pain).
Old Aug 1st 2011, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of

Just did ours online, took 15 mins
Old Aug 1st 2011, 1:26 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sa2uk2oz
Just did ours online, took 15 mins

Same here.....very boring too

Trying to remember what she said when she dropped the form off, something about the majority of people are expected to do it online this year, but there are only a certain number of ports into the ABS computer - I'm sure she said one million, and so the ABS expect that if a large proportion of the population log in on that one evening they actually expect the site to crash because it can't cope with more than that million. Be interested to know how true that is!
Old Aug 1st 2011, 1:29 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
I was invloved to a very slight extent with the 2006 census. I understood that there were very few submitted on the net. This year there has been a drive for people to use the net. Saves the door knockers re-visiting addresses (which believe me was a real pain).
Okey Dokey. I did it online last time and I thought it was really responsive but I can see they might have a problem with a surge.

I'm wondering now if I should have got something through the post or whether I was supposed to remember what I did last time (code number-wise)?
Old Aug 1st 2011, 2:25 pm
Home and Happy

Okey Dokey. I did it online last time and I thought it was really responsive but I can see they might have a problem with a surge.

I'm wondering now if I should have got something through the post or whether I was supposed to remember what I did last time (code number-wise)?
I was given an envelope, has one number on the outside and another inside, you need them both to do it online. The woman who came round wrote the outside number on when she handed it to me, so I'm guessing for you to do it online you'd have to get the form delivered to you first....
Last time the Bloke would've filled it in so I'm sure it would've been done on paper - I'm not even sure I was in Aus at the time, might've been somewhere better
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 1:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was 10 yearly? I don't remember doing one in 06 Mind you, I am losing/have lost my marbles so who knows?
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 1:12 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I thought it was 10 yearly? I don't remember doing one in 06 Mind you, I am losing/have lost my marbles so who knows?
10 years in UK, 5 years in Aus.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 1:15 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

OK so I've lost my marbles.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 4:56 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

Probably indicative of the rate of progress in each country.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 5:04 am
BE Enthusiast

In Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond repute

had a skim through the questions.

There's quite a lot arent there. If they just added mothers maiden name, then they've got all the ingredients for some identity fraud shenanigans, haven't they.

In this Australian democracy, will they also fine me for not completing it - like the compulsory voting?
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 5:06 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Now, is it to be Jedi or Al-Qaeda this time around?
Unless you want to be overrun by yet more christian motivated establishment and validate the position of filling state schools with religiously motivated non-teaching staff I'd urge you to please put "No Religion" if that is a true reflection of your family.

"Jedi" or "Pastafarian" may seem like a good joke - but in the end you just end up boosting the %ge of society that are declared "Christian" (A percentage that I'd argue is massively over-stated in the first place simply because people put it down without actually thinking about whether they *really* are practicing that religion - but because thats what they 'used' to be when they were growing up)...

The statistical processing applies a strong bias to understate the level of "No-Religion" in society. This overstates the case for us being a religiously motivated society and sends the incorrect message on a whole raft of potential policy discussion such as R18+ Video game ratinds, Gay Marriage, Religious Instruction in school - letting the religious folk be far more influential than some of us believe is reasonable.

http://www.censusnoreligion.org/
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

In Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain
Unless you want to be overrun by yet more christian motivated establishment and validate the position of filling state schools with religiously motivated non-teaching staff I'd urge you to please put "No Religion" if that is a true reflection of your family.
does that mean its like the Australian elections where if you vote for one person, and he/she doesnt get in then, your vote gets passed to someone else who you didnt vote for?

Unless you vote below the line...etc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.