Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Celtic supporters clubs

Celtic supporters clubs

Old Jul 25th 2006, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Celtic supporters clubs

Are there any Celtic supporters clubs in Qld. No funny stuff from any teddy bears oot there
Old Jul 25th 2006, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

crawford crew will become famous soon enoughcrawford crew will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Celtic supporters clubs

Can't answer your question, but we are moving to Brisbane in a couple of weeks and would be like to know the same!

If there is not one already ... lets start one!

Cheers ,

John
Old Jul 25th 2006, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac
Are there any Celtic supporters clubs in Qld. No funny stuff from any teddy bears oot there
Don't put it on your application, you won't be allowed in. And rightly so.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 1:06 am
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac
Aye, there's one in Brisbane. They meet in a phonebox.

Sorry mate, couldn't resist. Check this out:

http://www.setanta.com/portal/systemcontent/page?open&systemtitle=ozvenuesubchannel

Anywhere on that page near you?
Old Jul 26th 2006, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

coventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud of

Hi Llads,
You will be pleased to know, the Brisbane Celtic sc is based in O'malley's Irish Bar, Queen St Mall, Brisbane. Having just got here 3 weeks ago, I have already touched base with the Guys. The opening match on Saturday, where the Championship flag will be unfurled!, is on live at 9.30 pm. Compared to some of the other Celtic sc's in Oz, they seem quite low key, but if theres three more of us Tims joining, we can soon liven it up. I was a Celtic DJ in the UK, so my Gear is on its way out. I'm told Garry Og, ex Eire Og, will be performing in Brisbane in September, so thats one for the diary!
I will be attending my first meeting next tuesday, I'm told that they get about 300 for the old firm games, (some telephone box) the early kick off is a bonus here.
The huns supporters club here have folded ( telephone box was too big maybe?) never seen a Blue shirt being worn here, but have noticed loads of Hoops ones.
I have just taken out subcription for Celtic 67, on their, official site, www.celticfc.net £50 per year and you get all the Celtic matches on your PC
full 90mins, available at midnight UK time. Which means I can get up in the morning not knowing a result a watch the game, as near as dammit, live!

Let me know Llads when you are coming out, and I'll meet up and introduce you to the Bhoys.

Hail Hail
Old Jul 26th 2006, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coventrycelt
Hi Llads,
You will be pleased to know, the Brisbane Celtic sc is based in O'malley's Irish Bar, Queen St Mall, Brisbane. Having just got here 3 weeks ago, I have already touched base with the Guys. The opening match on Saturday, where the Championship flag will be unfurled!, is on live at 9.30 pm. Compared to some of the other Celtic sc's in Oz, they seem quite low key, but if theres three more of us Tims joining, we can soon liven it up. I was a Celtic DJ in the UK, so my Gear is on its way out. I'm told Garry Og, ex Eire Og, will be performing in Brisbane in September, so thats one for the diary!
I will be attending my first meeting next tuesday, I'm told that they get about 300 for the old firm games, (some telephone box) the early kick off is a bonus here.
The huns supporters club here have folded ( telephone box was too big maybe?) never seen a Blue shirt being worn here, but have noticed loads of Hoops ones.
I have just taken out subcription for Celtic 67, on their, official site, www.celticfc.net £50 per year and you get all the Celtic matches on your PC
full 90mins, available at midnight UK time. Which means I can get up in the morning not knowing a result a watch the game, as near as dammit, live!

Let me know Llads when you are coming out, and I'll meet up and introduce you to the Bhoys.

Hail Hail
Hail Hail!

I'm hopefully landing in Brissie region in the new year so would be good to join up with some fellow Tims for a pint.

I heard the huns sc folded because they had a problem buying one legged trousers in the Brisbane shops and the importation of goats was also a problem. lol
Old Jul 26th 2006, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

LoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Stephen
Hail Hail!

I'm hopefully landing in Brissie region in the new year so would be good to join up with some fellow Tims for a pint.

I heard the huns sc folded because they had a problem buying one legged trousers in the Brisbane shops and the importation of goats was also a problem. lol
Do you still get the Helicopter Sunday re-runs on Tv or are they always there when you go to bed at nite? *****51 & COUNTING
Old Jul 26th 2006, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stephen
Hail Hail!

Do any of you chaps need the link to the game last night ? For the record Man U strolled to a 3-0 win, the support was "docile", one fan invaded the park (tsk tsk) and that's 2 goals in 7.

Probably setting myself up but good to have a wee snigger. Been a while for us bluenoses...
Old Jul 27th 2006, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

i think I've see one blue shirt since getting here.... but plenty of hoops! everytime i see the green and white i go running up like a daftie to whomever's wearing it and say "helloooooo where are you from!?!?!?!"

am sure i'll see a few of you down the pub at some point!!!

c'mon the bhoys!
Old Jul 27th 2006, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Probably because we have other t-shirts/tops to wear. And we wash ours.

Originally Posted by YoSemite
i think I've see one blue shirt since getting here.... but plenty of hoops! everytime i see the green and white i go running up like a daftie to whomever's wearing it and say "helloooooo where are you from!?!?!?!"

am sure i'll see a few of you down the pub at some point!!!

c'mon the bhoys!
Old Jul 27th 2006, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

ah see I knew there had to be a reason behind it!

i had one of you rangers type people at my birthday bq back in april and he kept on threatening to wear a blue top.... he didn't tho! ;-)

my brother bought me a rangers mousemat and rangers mug for my xmas... he's a life long blue!
Old Jul 27th 2006, 2:33 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Just sniff around a bit, you should be able to smell the stench for miles
Old Jul 27th 2006, 3:59 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Go the Blues brothers [Chelsea and Rangers]
Old Jul 27th 2006, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mackinnon
Aye, there's one in Brisbane. They meet in a phonebox.

Sorry mate, couldn't resist. Check this out:

http://www.setanta.com/portal/systemcontent/page?open&systemtitle=ozvenuesubchannel

Anywhere on that page near you?

More like a shoe box lol!!! couldn't resist, not sure if you know that you can now get setanta in Oz for your home, we are getting it installed (oh no footi footi and more footi), the dish and box is around $300 (not 100% on this amount) but I know the monthly charge is $30, see their website
http://www.setanta.com/portal/system...le=ozsubscribe
Old Jul 27th 2006, 6:58 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YoSemite
i everytime i see the green and white i go running up like a daftie to whomever's wearing it and say "helloooooo where are you from!?!?!?!"

c'mon the bhoys!
and the answer is more likely to be ireland

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.