Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Celebrity get me out of here question

Celebrity get me out of here question

Old May 17th 2009, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Celebrity get me out of here question

Already posted this but I may have to stop watching as I am sick of hearing it called the jungle
Old May 17th 2009, 11:04 pm
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

The chippy's still there ,but the surf club sell their own food now...not bad actually!
I was in there the other night watching the sun go down....with a scooner in me hand.

hard life but someones got to live it i suppose.......
Old May 18th 2009, 2:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GillyG
I'm not too keen on I'm a celebrity but think Ant and Dec are hilarious! Where is I'm a celebrity filmed? Would love to go and have a nosey around. Can you watch them film or do they keep jo public away?
It's filmed just outside Mullwillumbah in Far North NSW. It's a small bit of rain forest and no you can't get in to watch. Best place for watching z list celebs would be a) when they first arrive and put up at Palazzo Versace up at Main Beach and then arriving back when they've been evicted. Ant and Dec can be spotted at various bars/restaurants/nightclubs during the two weeks the show is filmed. Don't mistake them for Plumber though - one short bloke is much like another
Old May 18th 2009, 4:04 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

they should rename it "i"m a nobody now, get me back on tv"
Or.... "who the hell am !?? but I do have huge plastic t**s!!"

I have been watching though, that Dave, to think I would have back in 1979, well no I wouldn't have... cos I was 13, but you know what I mean....

(god I'm lowering the tone again...)

Ant and Dec can be spotted at various bars/restaurants/nightclubs during the two weeks the show is filmed.
fab, whens the next one!

Last edited by pompeyblonde; May 18th 2009 at 4:07 am.
Old May 18th 2009, 11:40 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Or.... "who the hell am !?? but I do have huge plastic t**s!!"

I have been watching though, that Dave, to think I would have back in 1979, well no I wouldn't have... cos I was 13, but you know what I mean....

(god I'm lowering the tone again...)

fab, whens the next one!
I think, from memory, it finishes a week or so before Christmas so late November/early December? Spring anyway.
Old May 18th 2009, 11:55 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by seayork2002
Already posted this but I may have to stop watching as I am sick of hearing it called the jungle
not incorrect, a jungle is dense ground cover where the canopy of a rainforest has thinned and created a means for jungle to form. there are jungles all over Australia. jungle is a part of all rainforests.
Old May 18th 2009, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

If I see the term on an offical sign at the place that it is filmed then I will believe it, other then that I will always call it what it has been called a rainforest.

Originally Posted by kporte
not incorrect, a jungle is dense ground cover where the canopy of a rainforest has thinned and created a means for jungle to form. there are jungles all over Australia. jungle is a part of all rainforests.
Old May 18th 2009, 12:06 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

If I see the term on an offical sign at the place that it is filmed then I will believe it, other then that I will always call it what it has been called a rainforest.
It's a word for crying out loud. I have more issue with the word 'celebrity' to be honest. The producers probably discovered that the UK viewers would probably query what a rainforest was.
Old May 18th 2009, 12:11 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Im not sure who half these 'celebs' are!!!!

Who is Carly and Nicole? Only been out the UK 2 years!

The star trek guy must be getting on too! X
Old May 18th 2009, 12:15 pm
Account Closed

that's what I called it a jungle is a part of a rainforest. ergo you can be in a jungle and a rainforest at the same time. I find it strange that you would need to be officially informed about objects. it is what it is, whatever you want to call it.
Old May 18th 2009, 12:22 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by shiels
Im not sure who half these 'celebs' are!!!!

Who is Carly and Nicole? Only been out the UK 2 years!

The star trek guy must be getting on too! X
I'm actually watching it now. I was flicking through whilst I had this thread open - Hells Teeth that David is a dickhead. I wish the bus would land on him and Timmy Idiot face. Don't know who the two girls are but they don't like David and Timmy either from what I've seen so they must be ok
Old May 18th 2009, 12:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I'm actually watching it now. I was flicking through whilst I had this thread open - Hells Teeth that David is a dickhead. I wish the bus would land on him and Timmy Idiot face. Don't know who the two girls are but they don't like David and Timmy either from what I've seen so they must be ok
Whose in it? Dave who?
Old May 18th 2009, 12:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spartacus
Whose in it? Dave who?
Dave! you know, used to be in thingummyjig?
Old May 18th 2009, 12:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
Dave! you know, used to be in thingummyjig?
Del's brother?
Old May 18th 2009, 12:46 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spartacus
Del's brother?
that's it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.