CDs and DVDs

Old Dec 16th 2004, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute
Default CDs and DVDs

Hi ya i was just wondering if anyone could tell me how the prices of cds and dvds compare to england.When we went to canada ealier in the year the prices were a heck of a lot cheaper out there so i was wondering if it was the same in oz,what with xmas coming and no one knowing what to get us this year cos of our impending move i thought i might ask for some discs that we could take with us,but i wont bother if they re a fraction of the price once we get there.

any ideas, i would be grateful,tracey.
Old Dec 16th 2004, 6:50 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Default Re: CDs and DVDs

Originally Posted by scissors
Hi ya i was just wondering if anyone could tell me how the prices of cds and dvds compare to england.When we went to canada ealier in the year the prices were a heck of a lot cheaper out there so i was wondering if it was the same in oz,what with xmas coming and no one knowing what to get us this year cos of our impending move i thought i might ask for some discs that we could take with us,but i wont bother if they re a fraction of the price once we get there.

hi tracey.

i just bought 2 cds at the weekend for $50, or i think they were $26.xx each. i can't remember how much they were in the UK but i don't think they're that much different. they have sales and buytwofer sales over here like they do back there.

DVD's i can't help you on, coz i haven't really looked yet.

hope i half helped.

Leigh
Old Dec 16th 2004, 11:42 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I just looked on hmv.com.au and CD's look about the same ($25) but DVD's were often similar prices which is a bit better than the UK I reckon (while still spending Sterling anyway)
Old Dec 16th 2004, 12:47 pm
I AM 1 PERSON-UNDERSTAND?

SherKhan66 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by worzel
I just looked on hmv.com.au and CD's look about the same ($25) but DVD's were often similar prices which is a bit better than the UK I reckon (while still spending Sterling anyway)
Hi
If you're after recent releases/chart cds then best to check out Big W / K Mart as they often offer these at under 19 dollars. 25 dollars as quoted is pretty good as it equates to 10 quid so you're doing ok but you could do better! On the dvd front, I just can't believe how much cheaper they are from the actual realease date and onwards. Recent releases such as Troy and Shrek 2 and the latest harry potter are all under 30 dollars i.e UNDER 12 quid!
It doesn't matter where you are, the same rule applies - shop around (even if you think they're cheap, you can always do better.

Remember, if you save a dollar or two on your cds/dvds - why not give it to the kids this Xmas? They need your help so please dig deep guys.
Old Dec 16th 2004, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi guys, just got in from work, thanks for your replies, looks like i ll be shopping at k mart then the difference is quite a lot,i might still ask for some for xmas though as its difficult to know what else to ask for, other than our visas that is!!!!

tracey.
Old Dec 16th 2004, 3:20 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya hunny

When we were there last year, I bought quite a few CDs in Target - I got Evanescence (when it was just out in the charts) for $14.99 and also Shakira "Laundry Service" (when it as just out in the charts) for $19.99...

Claire
Old Dec 16th 2004, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

hiya claire,that sounds a good price,i ll have to look out for those shops.

will we be seeing you on saturday, hope so hun tracey.
Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Hiya hunny

When we were there last year, I bought quite a few CDs in Target - I got Evanescence (when it was just out in the charts) for $14.99 and also Shakira "Laundry Service" (when it as just out in the charts) for $19.99...

Claire
Old Dec 17th 2004, 10:26 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

hiya claire,that sounds a good price,i ll have to look out for those shops.

will we be seeing you on saturday, hope so hun tracey.
Hope so - pls can you PM you moby number to me again hun?
I will call you tomorrow afternoon when I am setting off.

C
xxx
Old Dec 17th 2004, 10:36 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

I use www.cdwow.com
Great prices for cds and dvds. free global delivery. no hassle returns policy. they also have .co.uk. .ie .hk, you can shop around and buy in the most favourable currency!
Sound slike a plug but they are good!

Andrew
Old Dec 17th 2004, 11:15 am
ABCDiamond

Some Kmart prices:
DVD's
Lord of the Rings 3 different ones
Harry Potter
Finding Nemo
all at $19.92 each

Shrek 2