Reload this Page >

CDR as Industrial Engineer

CDR as Industrial Engineer

Old Dec 7th 2003, 10:00 am
Just Joined

Carsten_B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CDR as Industrial Engineer

Hi,

I am from Germany and studied Industrial Engineering at an University of Applied Sciences. At the moment I prepare a Skill Assessment at IEAust. I have a question about the Criterias of the Core Competency in Section B.
I don't know, how Industrial Engineering is defined in Australia, but in Germany it is a mixture of business studies and different engineering studies (mechanical, electrical,...).
After my studies I started working as a Management Trainee in the department of Finance and Management Accounting in a pharmaceutical company. My first position (which I am doing now for twelve months) is in a group for production management (exact titel: Controlling Manufacturing Pharma).
During this time I am involved in Projects like "Cost Calculation for a new launched Product (incl. Net Present Value Calculations)" or the Controlling Tasks in a production transfer to an operation unit in another country.
Analog to my position, my tasks deal with cost accounting and cost calculation for the production, not with engineering tasks like constructing a new part with CAD.
Due to that fact I have problems to answer the question for Criterias like: "Develops innovative engineering solutions", or " interprets and scopes design requirements".
Is e.g. a new designed dynamic calculation tool in MS EXCEL enough to meet those criterias?

Thank you.
P.S. I am intrested in the experiences of other Industrial Engineers.
Regards
Carsten

Last edited by Carsten_B; Dec 7th 2003 at 10:08 am.