Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

CD collection - travel restrictions if any?

Wikiposts

CD collection - travel restrictions if any?

Old Jul 20th 2003, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

chuckyn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CD collection - travel restrictions if any?

I have a VCD/DVD/CD collection. I bought some of them from Malaysia which I found later are not original. They seem like copied from master meaning piracy. I would like to take my CD collection to Australia. Are there any restrictions to carry with me to Australia such pirated VCDs/CDs/DVDs ???

Any tips or cheap tricks are also welcome?

Please advice.
Old Jul 20th 2003, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

jery_wang is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CD collection - travel restrictions if any?

I am not too sure if you put inside 16 feet container together with your furniture, it will be detected. Or, for that matter, I am wondering if the custom will check every container that passes through the port?

Maybe random check. But last year I heard, every container will go through X-ray scan. Even a small bomb will be detected.

But then again, anybody have this kind of experience? How about data/trial software inside burned CD-ROM. Who will check and how do we tell that inside contains trial software?

Originally posted by chuckyn
I have a VCD/DVD/CD collection. I bought some of them from Malaysia which I found later are not original. They seem like copied from master meaning piracy. I would like to take my CD collection to Australia. Are there any restrictions to carry with me to Australia such pirated VCDs/CDs/DVDs ???

Any tips or cheap tricks are also welcome?

Please advice.
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

chuckyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Can someone attend to this problem and give a clear and straightforward advice. I know it is a little dumb question.

Or is the answer like "No moron would take risk like this by carrying pirated movie DVDs?"

Kindly advice.
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 1:36 am
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road

[We took at least 200 (pirate) VCD and play station games back to Perth with us on various occasions. WE had our bags checked the first time we went back and they did not say anything. But that was in 1995. They may have cracked down now, not sure.
As we have so many CD's and we travel a lot, we put them in CD pouches and throw away the covers. You can put 40 CD's in a pouch so it is a lot easier to travel with them. With your VCD's/DVD's if you want to keep the covers, take all the papers out of the plastic cases, discard the plastic and get some one to send you over the stack of paper covers when you get settled. You can always buy new plastic cases when you get there.