Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

CCJ from a few yrs ago will this affect me at all in Australia?

CCJ from a few yrs ago will this affect me at all in Australia?

Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:34 am
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all
Default CCJ from a few yrs ago will this affect me at all in Australia?

Hi
i cant find any threads on here asking about ccj's .

Any way i will tell you my questions and any replies would help immensly

my dear husband was made redundent in 2001 and could not find a job in the industry he was in for 18mth , he was a Telecoms Engineer, anyway he finally got a new job in a new industry Fire alarm engineer, but in the 18mths of him being made redundent we fell behind with out mortgage and had a ccj agains our name luckily we managed to keep the house as a family member helped us out at the last minute. subsequently we had a few credit cards we couldnt pay off also and a few bills , oh my it ounds terrible and it was at the time it was horrendous we had 4 children to support at at the end of the day as long as they had love,food,warmth,healthy and roof over their heads anything else got put on a back burner needless to say we had about 4 ccj's against us , we have over the last few yrs cleared all the arrears on all the debts but we stil have the ccj's on our names, we are with a sub prime lender
i think thats wot they called you know the companies that % rate is sky high and so are the repayments, well when we sell up we will luckily still have around £40k , what i would like to know is wil any of this affect us getting a mortgage when we finally get out to Australia, or will we leave that al behind

many thank
michell
Old Feb 10th 2008, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CCJ from a few yrs ago will this affect me at all in Australia?

You'll leave it behind. Newcomers to Australia start with a clean credit record.