Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Caught speeding in Perth

Caught speeding in Perth

Old Aug 23rd 2006, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

rossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nice
Default Caught speeding in Perth

I drove passed a speed camera with the copper hiding in a bush 2 weeks ago and I was going at least 10kms over the limit. I have not had anything in the post yet. Does anyone know how long it takes them to send out fines? I'm starting to hope I got away with it. I was daydreaming and was really annoyed when I saw the camera as I am usually so careful and use the cruise control button most of the time. After all I have read about how fussy they are about speeding, I seem to spend more time looking at the speedo than the road
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 2:54 am
WE ARE HERE AND LOVING IT

thewarnersinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Caught speeding in Perth

Originally Posted by rossfive5
I drove passed a speed camera with the copper hiding in a bush 2 weeks ago and I was going at least 10kms over the limit. I have not had anything in the post yet. Does anyone know how long it takes them to send out fines? I'm starting to hope I got away with it. I was daydreaming and was really annoyed when I saw the camera as I am usually so careful and use the cruise control button most of the time. After all I have read about how fussy they are about speeding, I seem to spend more time looking at the speedo than the road
Not entirely sure but I did read that because of this pay dispute they were being a bit lapse on sending out speeding fines! Fingers crossed!

Jayne
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 2:58 am

gedge has disabled reputation

in my experience in NSW & QLD they take at least 6 weeks to come through, had one after 3 months but that was a hire car
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

rossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nice

Originally Posted by thewarnersinoz
Not entirely sure but I did read that because of this pay dispute they were being a bit lapse on sending out speeding fines! Fingers crossed!

Jayne

Let's hope they are not sending them out at all and not just taking their time about it.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 3:38 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

My hubby got 2! They took around 2 weeks to come through

One was around 6 kms over ($50 fine), plus just over 10 kms over ($100 fine), and he got some points - cant remember how many.

Be very careful on Bank hols aswell, cause then they double the points!!

Good luck

Nicola
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 3:48 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I have heard people say they can take 6-8 weeks to come through in Perth.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 3:52 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

3 weeks for Mr.Ransi $100 fine and 1 demerit point
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

So if I have not heard anything in 2 months, I've dodged a bullet
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 5:23 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

So if I have not heard anything in 2 months, I've dodged a bullet
I assume then from this thread that there is no minimum prescribed time that they have to inform you that they are prosecuting, like the UK? Though, to be fair, the police still sent them out late, as people would still pay them...

S
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 8:19 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Well if you were driving along with another car next to you when it off then you shouldn't get one at all as they cant differentiate who was speeding.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 9:12 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

We were nabbed by a roadside copper on the way home from dunsborough, a little peeved as we thought he was a little overzealous as we were only just over but we had a fine and demerits. several weeks later we got a ticket from the same trip home-our ticket showed the time we were nicked we were thrilled to see the camera snapped us exactly ONE MINUTE later more demerits and another fine......ta chaps.......
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 9:42 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by squeezzii
We were nabbed by a roadside copper on the way home from dunsborough, a little peeved as we thought he was a little overzealous as we were only just over but we had a fine and demerits. several weeks later we got a ticket from the same trip home-our ticket showed the time we were nicked we were thrilled to see the camera snapped us exactly ONE MINUTE later more demerits and another fine......ta chaps.......

So your saying that there was a speed camera and a cop within a kilometer of each other, and that the camera snapped you after the cop had stopped you for speeding???
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

rangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud of

My workmate a L plater was caught doing 120 down Michell Freeway in a 100 and learners are not allowed on the freeway, and he thought he got away with it but it came last week, 8 weeks late, Paul
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 11:27 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

This may be a myth but I have heard of people writing in acknowledging their mistake and saying they won't do it again and getting let off!

There is a big campaign in WA for people to check a website to see if they are banned. I assume people have moved house etc and not received letters advising them of points so they didn't realise they were over the points limit (or so they claim). Apparently 1/3rd of people checking the site were driving illegally. I can't find the website via Google but saw it on the back of a bus today.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 2:51 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Only 10 over the speed?? Mmmm they usually aren't that bad. You might get away with it. I had one last week, only eight days after the incident!! I'm in NSW though.... managed to convince hubby he had my car on that day at that particular time Gave him a right bollocking and he believed me.....!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.