Caught my first huntsman

Caught my first huntsman

Old Aug 26th 2007, 6:25 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Caught my first huntsman

Originally Posted by Weirdstone
Why are people so scared of them?

Wouldn't like one in my car because it might distract me from driving, but otherwise they do a damn good job keeping the cockroaches away.

cockroaches ?
Old Aug 26th 2007, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Adam19 will become famous soon enough

I'm scared of the average UK house-spider, but i dont mind the small ones. I think if i saw one of those huntsmans i would freak at first, but its nothing my size 12 work boot couldnt squash. Either that or a taser gun
Old Aug 26th 2007, 6:58 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

My DH just asked if we could cook them!
Old Aug 26th 2007, 7:02 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
My DH just asked if we could cook them!
i know some Amazon rain forest tribe eat tarantulas , wrapped & cooked in Banana leaves . maybe you can
Old Aug 26th 2007, 9:38 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amanda Jayne
Me too. How often would I be expected to see these things in Perth? My husband looked quite faint when I just read him the thread and said "makes you think if we really want to go?"

Amanda
Dunno about Perth, I'm in Brisbane and that 'animal' in my pic was in my laundry which is actually under the house where most of the nasties hang out. In 18 months in that house I've never actually had any spider in the house that worried me - any spider bigger than a 10p worries me! Roaches yes, ants by the thousand, yes them too, but no spiders.

Personally when travelling around I've always found Victoria to be the place for indoor huntsmans.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 9:50 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

would love to see a pic of theese famous cockroaches
Old Aug 26th 2007, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wholeworldwindow
yup.....fast!

(I love the way it stretches out his legs before he belts it!)

ARGHGHGHGH!
different threads on BE have said that the huntsmans are fast but you'r movie made me realise just how fast!
My missis is gonna freak - I had to move a tiny ( less than 10p size ) spider tonight from the bathroom and that was bad enough for her; I'm never gonna get any peace.............

Johnnyyt
Old Aug 26th 2007, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's our huntsman
We let him (or her) stay (if it's female, hope it's not pregnant ). Not a cockroach or bug in sight indoors.
Attached Thumbnails Caught my first huntsman-huntsman1.jpg  
Old Aug 26th 2007, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amanda Jayne
Me too. How often would I be expected to see these things in Perth? My husband looked quite faint when I just read him the thread and said "makes you think if we really want to go?"

Amanda

We're in Perth, only been here since beginning of march and have so far seen none of these spiders in the house, we have however had 2 red backs in our garage. I have read on here about having your house sprayed with something to stop the spiders coming in and also your patio furniture, does anybody know what this is and how much it costs?
Thanks
S xx
Old Aug 26th 2007, 11:28 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Streaks
We're in Perth, only been here since beginning of march and have so far seen none of these spiders in the house, we have however had 2 red backs in our garage. I have read on here about having your house sprayed with something to stop the spiders coming in and also your patio furniture, does anybody know what this is and how much it costs?
Thanks
S xx
Generally you get your house treated once a year I think - no idea what chemicals they use but they spray it around fairly liberally!

Think we paid about $250 to cover spiders, ants and cockroaches.

First couple of days after the treatment everything comes out of the woodwork....had to scoop up quite a few very unwell looking roaches! Ants were back within a couple of months but never to the same extent as before.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Generally you get your house treated once a year I think - no idea what chemicals they use but they spray it around fairly liberally!

Think we paid about $250 to cover spiders, ants and cockroaches.

First couple of days after the treatment everything comes out of the woodwork....had to scoop up quite a few very unwell looking roaches! Ants were back within a couple of months but never to the same extent as before.
Thanks, looking at those pictures I better get on to it!!
S xx
Old Aug 27th 2007, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

Location: Chichester, England, Auckland, NZ, Gold Coast, Oz. Going back to UK 17th Oct
DebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud of

If anyone is scared of spiders it's me ...thanks to my dad! Long and boring story!!

But, I see Huntsman as pretty harmless compaired to the other spiders and creatures there are.

Huntsman eat the Redbacks (wouldn't want to come across too many of those), cockroaches (yuk, yuk and more yuk) so in all, Huntsman are great!! Just think of them as a pet who eat all the other nasties...saying that, I don't like them in the house, they can stay outdoor!
Old Aug 27th 2007, 5:29 am
UK to Brissy - August 07

smoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nice

We had only been here 2 days when I spotted our first 'Huntsman' creeping in my brother inlaws hall way. It ran off an slipped into the hall cupboard. Sister inlaw and I swooped and threw a few heavy shoes around looking or it but gave up. BUT... the next night he was back in the hall way we set chase, it shot under the door into the kids bedroom. I expected our 14 yr old to launch out of bed but she quite calmy just layed there while uncle Richard tried to trap it. He actually used his hand to scoop it up, it was about the same size as the first picture on here. I'm not keen but if they eat all the other more vicious beasties then I'm going to give our resident Huntsman a name and just pray they stay out of the bedrooms.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 6:28 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by smoggieswilltravel
He actually used his hand to scoop it up :
....they do bite you know and although not venomous some people can have a nasty reaction to it.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

jan&co will become famous soon enough

Had my first taste the night we moved in. After a long hard day and everyone else had flopped into bed, dog tired (you know what house moving is like, dont you) and I was about to switch off all lights ..... and there appeared a big brown horrible-looking creature, the size of my palm!!!!! I screamed the house down (the neighbours must have thought this neighbour from hell?).
OH confessed later he had heard the scream but was too exhausted to get up! Got hold of the insect spray (didnt think if it would work or not) but it moved so fast - chased it all the way across the dining room and into the kids' room .... uggghhhhh.... it jumped into the 9 yo's bunk! The teenager woke up and practically emptied the whole can of spray. I think it
died drowning. Still give me the creeps as I am typing this..........
The next morning, the first thing i said to OH was ' I want to move out'! Lifes never been the same - often wonder what happens when you wake up with one on your bed or worse still, on your face!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.