Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cats - Preparing for shipping

Cats - Preparing for shipping

Old Jan 13th 2005, 3:49 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cats - Preparing for shipping

We are still uncertain which cats we will be taking with us depending on whether we can find them good homes. We don't want to go through all those jabs / microchips etc unless we need to.

If we are guessing at an October departure (say) which bits need doing by so many months in advance and which need doing within a certain period before you go.
Old Jan 16th 2005, 8:03 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cats - Preparing for shipping

Originally Posted by worzel
We are still uncertain which cats we will be taking with us depending on whether we can find them good homes. We don't want to go through all those jabs / microchips etc unless we need to.

If we are guessing at an October departure (say) which bits need doing by so many months in advance and which need doing within a certain period before you go.
Bump!
Old Jan 25th 2005, 6:57 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Bumping this up as I'd be interested in knowing as well ...
Old Jan 25th 2005, 7:25 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

hi Worzel

It's a good idea to get your cat microchipped anyway, it only cost about £20 per cat and is peace of mind if they go wandering...

Have a look at www.aqis.gov.au, it has all the info you need.
Old Jan 25th 2005, 10:41 am
Banned

E=mc2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got this in an Email at work sometime ago and have been dying to put it to good use.
Old Jan 25th 2005, 10:51 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by E=mc2

I got this in an Email at work sometime ago and have been dying to put it to good use.
I'm told they work very well for politicians, too.... :scared:

Anya.
Old Jan 25th 2005, 10:54 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

This link should be able to help you (sorry, I was too busy listing the politicians I'd like to use E=MC*2's device on ); here it is:

http://www.affa.gov.au/content/outpu...200060A1B01896

Good luck with it - our cats were fine.

Anya.
Old Jan 25th 2005, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Hi, our eldest cat is 14, and the vet says that he should be ok to travel as he is healthly. Yes he will get stressed, but probably not as much as if we left him with someone else.....also not sure I could leave him after 14 years of his little headbuts.... Both of ours are microchipped and annually boosted as they are outdoor cats, so for us it's not too much of an additional hassle to there normal trip to the vets. It's more of a stress for us, trying to get them into a cat basket!!!
I hope it goes ok for you.

Judith
Old Jan 25th 2005, 11:11 am
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by anya4oz
This link should be able to help you (sorry, I was too busy listing the politicians I'd like to use E=MC*2's device on ); here it is:

http://www.affa.gov.au/content/outpu...200060A1B01896

Good luck with it - our cats were fine.

Anya.
Thanks Anya, that is just what I was looking for. We will start getting them microchipped with their annual jabs/ check ups as they come up in the next few months.

As an aside, isn't it strange how a thread can be ignored a few times then suddenly come to life? I had given up on getting a reply to this one so was going to talk to our local vet.
Old Jan 25th 2005, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Wolves2stayup! will become famous soon enough

We got in touch with Airpets (www.airpets.com) or 01753 685571 who organise everything, apart from getting your cat microchipped and jabbed. They've been really helpful. Perth Quarantine have got a waiting list at the mo and my cat is booked in for the next available slot in March, and then she has to spend 30 days in quarantine. We're hoping that we'll get there just before her. It's costing £986 to get her there, and then a further $800 at the other end, just to give you an idea.

Hope all goes well.