CATS in OZ

Old Aug 11th 2003, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Jo Cousins will become famous soon enough
Default CATS in OZ

Hi

Has anyone taken their cat/s with them to Oz? Just wondering as a few of u have mentioned dogs but not cats. How did they settle in with the climate? have you had any problems?

Jo
Old Aug 14th 2003, 12:00 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: CATS in OZ

Originally posted by Jo Cousins
Hi

Has anyone taken their cat/s with them to Oz? Just wondering as a few of u have mentioned dogs but not cats. How did they settle in with the climate? have you had any problems?

Jo
I notice nobody has replied to your question yet.. so:

There are quite a few posts on this forum about cats and acclimatising them etc, I know as I've replied to quite a few of them in the past... being a cat owner myself
If you use the search box on the top of this forum.. put in cats, cat or pets. Also read the posts on "Dogs" which will also come up in your search results as there are "catty" posts among those threads too.

Plenty of people do own cats here.. and cat questions are always popping up from time to time as much as the dog questions.

Here's one example below... but there are plenty of other posts there too if you use the search box.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...highlight=cats

Cheers
Old Aug 14th 2003, 2:16 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Default Re: CATS in OZ

Originally posted by Jo Cousins
Hi

Jo
We bought our two cats, they travelled in the same container as they are brothers and very close (good job!) they stayed at Byford Quarantine Station in Perth and were ok. They arrived in full winter Jackets that they soon shook off, all over my carpet.

They have settled in well, almost as if we have only moved a few streets away!. I have noticed though that one of them who was always a bit underweight back in the UK has now begun to get an extra sack of flesh under his belly!!!! The good life hey!!!
Old Aug 14th 2003, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

boots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud of

I Like cats,cause they taste better than chicken!!
Old Aug 14th 2003, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jolyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Our 10 year old and 7kg moggie (yes, really over a stone of black and white cat!) is going with us. She's already had plenty of the good life...

She loves baking in the sun until her black patches are roasting so we're sure she'll love it.

Before you ask - yes she is on a diet and has been for 4 years now.
Old Aug 14th 2003, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Prestons is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jolyn
Our 10 year old and 7kg moggie (yes, really over a stone of black and white cat!) is going with us. She's already had plenty of the good life...

She loves baking in the sun until her black patches are roasting so we're sure she'll love it.

Before you ask - yes she is on a diet and has been for 4 years now.
Hi
I had to laugh at your post! We are taking our 10 yr old fat cat too! Mind you - her diet is going better than mine. She has gone from 6.7kg to 6.2kg in about 6 months! We are making an extra special effort to reduce it now - luckily they don't charge them by the weight!

Dawn