Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Catholic schools in Brisbane

Catholic schools in Brisbane

Old Sep 20th 2010, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

Lilia is just really niceLilia is just really niceLilia is just really niceLilia is just really niceLilia is just really niceLilia is just really niceLilia is just really niceLilia is just really niceLilia is just really nice
Default Catholic schools in Brisbane

Hi there,

I'm a Lancashire lass, a long way from home, currently living on the far South Coast of NSW. My husband and I are moving to Brisbane in the next 8 weeks and we have a daughter who is 5 and a son who is 3. We would like to have them attend Catholic schools and are hoping someone can help by providing information on these. Our daughter will be enrolling for next year. Thanks.

Lilia
Old Sep 20th 2010, 6:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Catholic schools in Brisbane

Heaps of Catholic schools in Brisbane, some good, some not so good. Take a look at this website.

http://www.bne.catholic.edu.au/asp/index.asp
Old Sep 20th 2010, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lilia
Hi there,

I'm a Lancashire lass, a long way from home, currently living on the far South Coast of NSW. My husband and I are moving to Brisbane in the next 8 weeks and we have a daughter who is 5 and a son who is 3. We would like to have them attend Catholic schools and are hoping someone can help by providing information on these. Our daughter will be enrolling for next year. Thanks.

Lilia
Where abouts in Brisbane are you hoping to be? There are LOADS of Catholic schools in all areas, but it would be helpful to know where you are headed before offering some advice.

Love

Rudi
x
Old Sep 21st 2010, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

As mentioned above some of the Catholic schools don't have a great reputation. I used to live beside one and it didn't seem great for the fees demanded.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 3:53 am
ABCDiamond

Hi there,

Lilia
2009 Basic Recommended Catholic School Fees

Preschool & Primary
  • $800 for one child
  • $1,124 per family of two children
  • $1,372 per family of 3 or more students

Secondary School :
  • $1,688 for one child
  • $2,816 per family of 2 children
  • $ 132 per extra child.
Building Fund contributions are an extra $404 per family for Primary or $616 per family for secondary.

Old Sep 21st 2010, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

I like tea is a splendid one to beholdI like tea is a splendid one to beholdI like tea is a splendid one to beholdI like tea is a splendid one to beholdI like tea is a splendid one to beholdI like tea is a splendid one to beholdI like tea is a splendid one to beholdI like tea is a splendid one to beholdI like tea is a splendid one to beholdI like tea is a splendid one to beholdI like tea is a splendid one to behold

I have had no personal experience of Catholic Primary schools in Brisbane but I know from a work colleague (teacher) that St Catherine's Primary school at Wishart is a good school ( her children attend this school). Also Mount St Carmel at Coorparoo has had excellent results on the NAPLAN tests.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 11:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by I like tea
I have had no personal experience of Catholic Primary schools in Brisbane but I know from a work colleague (teacher) that St Catherine's Primary school at Wishart is a good school ( her children attend this school). Also Mount St Carmel at Coorparoo has had excellent results on the NAPLAN tests.
My kids went to St Thomas' Camp Hill, we lived in Coorparoo but I couldn't bear to put them in the Baby poo Brown and yellow uniforms of Mt Carmel....and St Thomas has a good instrumental program and very close to the ballet studio.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

Lilia is just really niceLilia is just really niceLilia is just really niceLilia is just really niceLilia is just really niceLilia is just really niceLilia is just really niceLilia is just really niceLilia is just really nice

Hi Guy's

Thank you so much for the replies, We have NO idea were we will be living, It's really going to be based on Schooling for the Children.

My husband will be working in the city and is happy to commute.

Many thanks,

Lilia
Old Sep 21st 2010, 12:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guy's

Thank you so much for the replies, We have NO idea were we will be living, It's really going to be based on Schooling for the Children.

My husband will be working in the city and is happy to commute.

Many thanks,

Lilia
You will find good catholic primary schools across most areas in brisbane so it doesn't help narrow down the area much. A general rule would be the closer to the city the higher the socio-economic profile - which often leads to better local state and private schools. On average though...many exceptions.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 3:34 am
Just Joined

Nickolov is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Catholic schools in Brisbane

Hi Guys newby here not in Australia but on this site
Both my kids went to Catholic schools and both schools have been excellent
The fees are a bit hard to get used to but you manage