Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

catholic schools

catholic schools

Old Nov 6th 2008, 12:16 pm
MickyBhoy

mickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to all
Default catholic schools

Dear Ex Pats

i tried to get my little girl into St Stephens Primary in Tapping but the waiting list is huge.
Is there anyone who can advise me as i really want my little girl to continue her catholic education when we arrive.

Thanks
Mick
Old Nov 6th 2008, 12:32 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: catholic schools

Originally Posted by mickpower75
Dear Ex Pats

i tried to get my little girl into St Stephens Primary in Tapping but the waiting list is huge.
Is there anyone who can advise me as i really want my little girl to continue her catholic education when we arrive.

Thanks
Mick
St Stephens isn't catholic anyway. Nearest catholic schools to Tapping are Banksia Grove, Wanneroo, St Lukes Woodvale, Currambine Catholic.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Ex Pats

Thanks
Mick

Unfortunately being Catholic does not secure a place in a Catholic school these days !
My Daughter is Catholic but as her application went in a little bit later than it should have a lot of places were taken by non Catholic,s wanting a good cheaper private school education even if they had no belief in the church !

Feel very pissed off by this as all her friends are going to this school, and not all Catholic

Nicky
Old Nov 6th 2008, 2:29 pm
MickyBhoy

mickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
Unfortunately being Catholic does not secure a place in a Catholic school these days !
My Daughter is Catholic but as her application went in a little bit later than it should have a lot of places were taken by non Catholic,s wanting a good cheaper private school education even if they had no belief in the church !

Feel very pissed off by this as all her friends are going to this school, and not all Catholic

Nicky
Hi thanks for the heads up this is a nightmare situation.
We are not really fussed about private education we want her to be a practising catholic and how is she supposed to make her confirmation and communion if she is not a t a cathloic school

mick
Old Nov 6th 2008, 6:28 pm
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi thanks for the heads up this is a nightmare situation.
We are not really fussed about private education we want her to be a practising catholic and how is she supposed to make her confirmation and communion if she is not a t a cathloic school

mick
You'll be fine Mick. As with any religion, it lives in your heart, not in a building.

no problem for communion ceremony if your child does not go to a catholic school.

http://www.eventsplanner.com.au/even...communion.html

"If your child does not attend a Catholic school and you wish for your child to embrace the Roman Catholic faith, it is possible to contact a Catholic school and request for your child to be included in the year's ceremony."

Same for confirmation I believe .

Good luck with it.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 1:48 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Why can't it be done through the church? Don't some other Roman Catholic parents send their children to standard public schools?
Old Nov 7th 2008, 4:42 am
SNH
BE Enthusiast

SNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt

Nicky

I know what you mean. In Canberra there are Muslim girls going to Catholic schools in headscarves.
There's an Islamic school in Canberra, and as far as I know the sole requirement for attending is to actually be a Muslim.

A couple of decades ago people I knew weren't allowed into the Catholic schools because they were Ukrainian Catholic rather than Roman Catholic.
Times are changing fast.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 6:35 am
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SNH
I know what you mean. In Canberra there are Muslim girls going to Catholic schools in headscarves.
There's an Islamic school in Canberra, and as far as I know the sole requirement for attending is to actually be a Muslim.

A couple of decades ago people I knew weren't allowed into the Catholic schools because they were Ukrainian Catholic rather than Roman Catholic.
Times are changing fast.
It's fantasic, I agree. Anything that helps break down the barriers (especially those generation old religious ones) can only be a huge move forward for the human race.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Our state school in Mackay puts out a flyer for catholic children who want communion/confirmed to contact the nearest catholic school at the behest of that said catholic school. Great idea.