Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cathay Pacific or Etihad?

Cathay Pacific or Etihad?

Old Feb 29th 2008, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Cathay Pacific or Etihad?

I've unfortunately got to fly back to UK next Saturday for my Gran's funeral. Cheapest fares are coming in around the $2032 - $2045 mark booking direct with either Etihad or Cathay. I've only flown Malaysia and Singapore before. Has anybody flown either of these and can recommend? Only difference between the 2 is about $10 and one of the journeys with Etihad is about 3 hours shorter though they do stop twice on the way. Thanks
Old Feb 29th 2008, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Cathay Pacific or Etihad?

Hi,

My step daughter flew over with Etihad before Xmas as an unaccompanied traveller (treated like royalty), she and my daughter flew back end of Jan together. My daughter returned (thanks goodness - she's 18) on her own.

New Craft, really nice staff, good food, one of the stops was a re-fuel only.

She said she'd recommend them. Also an old teacher of hers works for them and says they are really good too!

So sorry to hear about your loss, hope the journey and visit are OK for you.

Kind regards

Tracey
Old Feb 29th 2008, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparkley23
I've unfortunately got to fly back to UK next Saturday for my Gran's funeral. Cheapest fares are coming in around the $2032 - $2045 mark booking direct with either Etihad or Cathay. I've only flown Malaysia and Singapore before. Has anybody flown either of these and can recommend? Only difference between the 2 is about $10 and one of the journeys with Etihad is about 3 hours shorter though they do stop twice on the way. Thanks
we flew cathay when we first came here. They were very good, nice staff comfy seats etc...though, we flew with malaysia in July and would go with them each time now. They have the largest leg room of all fleets apparantly and they were fantastic to us and our children.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 1:16 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Cathay Pacific or Etihad?

Here are reviews for both airlines on the Skytrax (Airline quality) website.....airlines monitor this website and proudly boast in their adverts tif Skytrax gives them a good rating...!

Cathay Pacific:

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/cathay.htm

Etihad:

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/etihad.htm

Hope this helps in your selection.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 1:45 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Cathay are excellent, very polite and caring crew, good food. I've used them a couple of times and they've been fantastic
Old Mar 1st 2008, 2:45 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Etihad do not have a great reputation. I have never flown with them though but will always opt for Cathay, Malaysian or Singapore over anyone else for good reason. Consistently excellent service.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 7:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Sons just come done singers, abby dabby and london return with ethiad, loved it for one reason only the plane was fairly empty and they had spare seats on all 6 flights.

Said if it wasnt for that, it would have been just another trip in ecomony. Nowt special.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

laguna33p has a spectacular aura aboutlaguna33p has a spectacular aura aboutlaguna33p has a spectacular aura about

I flew with etihad about 2 yrs ago (LON-ABU DHABI) and I actually rate them better than Emirates. The staff were very polite although the check-in process could have been more efficient on the ground. In the air, the service was faultless but one thing will always stick in my mind...the food...both the quality and quantity was amazing. I would certainly recommend them.