Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cathay Pacific Economy Class Lounge in Hong Kong airport

Cathay Pacific Economy Class Lounge in Hong Kong airport

Old Aug 31st 2005, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future
Default Cathay Pacific Economy Class Lounge in Hong Kong airport

a while ago someone mentioned a louge for Cathay Pacific customers at Hong Kong airport
Just wondered if anyone had used it and what they thought?
I mean the louge for economy travellers!
Thanks Tara
Old Aug 31st 2005, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

annajw has a spectacular aura aboutannajw has a spectacular aura aboutannajw has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Cathay Pacific Economy Class Lounge in Hong Kong airport

Originally Posted by ali south
a while ago someone mentioned a louge for Cathay Pacific customers at Hong Kong airport
Just wondered if anyone had used it and what they thought?
I mean the louge for economy travellers!
Thanks Tara

Hi There

I don't remember there being a lounge for CP economy passengers, only for the First and Business Class passengers.

I used this lounge at HK airport. It was very nice; clean, plenty of seating (for naps), food and drink supplied. The best bit was being able to shower during our (8 hour) stopover. It also gets you away from the general throng of the public waiting areas.

http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/aguide/lounge.html

Cheers
Anna
Old Aug 31st 2005, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by annajw
Hi There

I don't remember there being a lounge for CP economy passengers, only for the First and Business Class passengers.

I used this lounge at HK airport. It was very nice; clean, plenty of seating (for naps), food and drink supplied. The best bit was being able to shower during our (8 hour) stopover. It also gets you away from the general throng of the public waiting areas.

http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/aguide/lounge.html

Cheers
Anna
thanks Anna
I have fussy teenagers, do you remember what the food was like and can you get a glass of wine?
Tara
Old Aug 31st 2005, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

annajw has a spectacular aura aboutannajw has a spectacular aura aboutannajw has a spectacular aura about

thanks Anna
I have fussy teenagers, do you remember what the food was like and can you get a glass of wine?
Tara

Hi Tara

Trying to cast my mind back.... there was the usual cheese and biscuit type snacks... being HK, there were noodles.... sandwiches....peanuts. Nothing too exciting, but I remember it did the job. I'm pretty sure you can get wine and beer there, as well as tea/coffee and soft drinks.

Cheers
Anna
Old Aug 31st 2005, 4:17 pm
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice
Talking Re: Cathay Pacific Economy Class Lounge in Hong Kong airport

We just spent 9 hours in the lounge between flights... You have to pay a kind of membership - ours was for 10 hours and included showers (lovely - all ultra-modern and shiny), unlimited internet access (spent most of it on here, of course) and unlimited food and drink... we arrived early and there were sandwiches, fruit, cereal, toast and scrambled eggs & sausages. Later they did the most fantastic freshly made asian soup and a chicken noodle dish. Unlimited drinks too - cappucino, juices, every fizzy you can imagine and bottled water...

We found we had to de-camp to the nearby loungers to have a nap, but the lounge itself was fantastic value... I reckon the kids ate more than the membership in sweets from the front desk alone!

Thoroughly recommend it - although be warned... the signs refer to internet and play stations - I thought it meant Playstations and my son got very excited at the thought of 9 hours unrestricted playing.... actually it just means those wall-sockets to connect your pc to the internet

Can't remember the exact cost but it worked out relatively cheap as youngest child was free, and second child half price - definitely worth it, whatever it cost! Just wish we hadn't spent an hour trying to find it (tucked away behind the last set of shops before the block of gates which include Gate 60... on the left as you head towards the departure gates)

Hope this helps
Old Aug 31st 2005, 4:20 pm
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice

thanks Anna
Tara
Re: wine - the bar was closed for refurbishment when we were there, but looked as if it would be ready to open again soon. Didn't see wine or beer in the general drinks coolers - just soft drinks.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by floss
We just spent 9 hours in the lounge between flights... You have to pay a kind of membership - ours was for 10 hours and included showers (lovely - all ultra-modern and shiny), unlimited internet access (spent most of it on here, of course) and unlimited food and drink... we arrived early and there were sandwiches, fruit, cereal, toast and scrambled eggs & sausages. Later they did the most fantastic freshly made asian soup and a chicken noodle dish. Unlimited drinks too - cappucino, juices, every fizzy you can imagine and bottled water...

We found we had to de-camp to the nearby loungers to have a nap, but the lounge itself was fantastic value... I reckon the kids ate more than the membership in sweets from the front desk alone!

Thoroughly recommend it - although be warned... the signs refer to internet and play stations - I thought it meant Playstations and my son got very excited at the thought of 9 hours unrestricted playing.... actually it just means those wall-sockets to connect your pc to the internet

Can't remember the exact cost but it worked out relatively cheap as youngest child was free, and second child half price - definitely worth it, whatever it cost! Just wish we hadn't spent an hour trying to find it (tucked away behind the last set of shops before the block of gates which include Gate 60... on the left as you head towards the departure gates)

Hope this helps
floss thanks, that is great
Old Aug 31st 2005, 4:27 pm
Jammy Dodger

floss thanks, that is great
pleasure - anything to make the Great Journey go a little easier!

p.s. the loungers are along the glass window in the section just behind the lounge... instead of going IN to the lounge by the front desk, keep going and turn right along the windows... you will come to them around the corner... incredibly uncomfortable actually, as the headrest is fixed and almost broke my neck, and under a very strong aircon vent... but almost horizontal, and at our stage of the trip that was heaven!!!
Old Aug 31st 2005, 4:34 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope this helps
Guessing you were economy class as you had to pay, How much is the charge?
Cheers
Old Aug 31st 2005, 4:49 pm
Jammy Dodger

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Guessing you were economy class as you had to pay, How much is the charge?
Cheers
From memory, it was about $125 per adult - our daughter of 12 was classed as an adult, our son of 9 was half price and our youngest (4) was free. When we went the exchange rate was aprox. $12:£1... so about £35 for the whole family....

Hubby thinks he still has the receipt, so will confirm this price when he gets home!
Old Aug 31st 2005, 4:55 pm

From memory, it was about $125 per adult - our daughter of 12 was classed as an adult, our son of 9 was half price and our youngest (4) was free. When we went the exchange rate was aprox. $12:£1... so about £35 for the whole family....

Hubby thinks he still has the receipt, so will confirm this price when he gets home!
OOO !!! thats not bad got six hours to kill in the airport so may do that, do they have a swimming pool ?
Old Aug 31st 2005, 5:11 pm
Jammy Dodger

Originally Posted by Perthforme
OOO !!! thats not bad got six hours to kill in the airport so may do that, do they have a swimming pool ?
Unfortunately not - although with the incredibly high humidity levels all you'd need to do would be to stand outside and you'd look as if you'd just dived into a pool..... but the showers in that Cathay Pacific lounge are gooooooooooooooooood!
Old Aug 31st 2005, 5:14 pm

Unfortunately not - although with the incredibly high humidity levels all you'd need to do would be to stand outside and you'd look as if you'd just dived into a pool..... but the showers in that Cathay Pacific lounge are gooooooooooooooooood!
Thanks for the info
Old Aug 31st 2005, 5:23 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

If you use Priority Pass, you pay a fee of £15 per visit. All food and drinks are then free. There are hundreds of lounges you can use.

http://www.prioritypass.com/?target=_blank

We've used it a few times when the airport has been busy and it's been well worth it.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 6:53 pm

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point

You can also get a lovely free massage..........