Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cathay Pacific - do they have the "moving map"?

Cathay Pacific - do they have the "moving map"?

Old Oct 18th 2006, 2:58 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Question Cathay Pacific - do they have the "moving map"?

We're thinking of going Cathay Pacific for our trip back to the UK. Does anyone know if they have the "moving map" in the entertainment system?
Old Oct 18th 2006, 3:19 am
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice
Default Re: Cathay Pacific - do they have the "moving map"?

Originally Posted by renth
We're thinking of going Cathay Pacific for our trip back to the UK. Does anyone know if they have the "moving map" in the entertainment system?
Yes they do
Old Oct 18th 2006, 3:26 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

I've got to ask why!
Are you not going to fly with them if they do/dont?

Is it so that when your kids ask "Daaaad are we nearly there yet?" you can go look at the bloody map
and they can go but we've only moved 3mm in 4hrs
Old Oct 18th 2006, 3:29 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve99
I've got to ask why!
Are you not going to fly with them if they do/dont?

Is it so that when your kids ask "Daaaad are we nearly there yet?" you can go look at the bloody map
and they can go but we've only moved 3mm in 4hrs
I love the moving map.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 3:50 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

I love the moving map.
I hate the moving map. With a passion.

You think 'yay' when you finally hit Australian shores, only to find that you've got another 7 hours to go. WAH!
Old Oct 18th 2006, 4:49 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

I love the moving map. Found it very handy to actually identify the mountains I took photos of out of the window in the galley.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 4:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute

I love the moving map.
There is nothing I would like more than the moving map, especially if it is moving away from Australia.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 5:02 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

The moving map is great. Much more enjoyable than some of the films the airlines show.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 5:22 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

I love the moving map.
Im torn on that one, I hate it when I fall asleep and wake up and think that must be 4 hrs killed, and I check the map and see that we've basically been battered in a head wind and moved about 1/2 inch.
Then on the flip side, I like seeing where completely bizzarre places ive never heard of are.

I think a camera fixed under the plane that did a sweep of the land would be good, especially if you could zoom in on things, or if it automatically did and had some sort of commentary that told you places etc.
Id be hooked.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 5:26 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve99
Im torn on that one, I hate it when I fall asleep and wake up and think that must be 4 hrs killed, and I check the map and see that we've basically been battered in a head wind and moved about 1/2 inch.
Me too... I start out liking the map quite a lot, then progressively, I come to hate it.... specially when my children, who are thrilled to have found this little gem of technology at the start of the flight then become slowly disillusioned with it.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 5:29 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I love the moving map. That and the red flashing light on the wing were all that kept me sane (honest to god ) on the nightmare Brisbane to Singapore leg last August.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 5:32 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I love the moving map. That and the red flashing light on the wing were all that kept me sane (honest to god ) on the nightmare Brisbane to Singapore leg last August.
I cant look out of the window on the plane when it is dark. My imagination goes into overdrive and I have visions of the Twilight Zone film and the monster on the wing :scared:
Old Oct 18th 2006, 5:48 am
Living in Perthection

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Thats the short leg isnt it
Old Oct 18th 2006, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

I think a camera fixed under the plane that did a sweep of the land would be good, especially if you could zoom in on things, or if it automatically did and had some sort of commentary that told you places etc.
Id be hooked.[/QUOTE]

JAL has a camera fixed under the nose and another somewhere underneath the fuselage. The nose one is great for takeoffs and landings, and the other one, you can sit there for hours and watch the clouds and sky, exciting stuff!
Old Oct 18th 2006, 6:18 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassie
Id be hooked

JAL has a camera fixed under the nose and another somewhere underneath the fuselage. The nose one is great for takeoffs and landings, and the other one, you can sit there for hours and watch the clouds and sky, exciting stuff!
Those little round things next to the seat are called windows

Last edited by Lord Lionheart; Oct 18th 2006 at 6:20 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.