Cathay Pacific

Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:11 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cathay Pacific

Hi all.

My better-half, new sprog and myself are off to Sydney on the 30th October to validate our visas and have a reccy/holiday.

We are going via HK with Cathay Pacific (in steerage) and I was wondering if anybody has travelled with them recently and what were their experiences?

Cheers.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:18 pm
New South Welshie

<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Cathay Pacific

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Hi all.

My better-half, new sprog and myself are off to Sydney on the 30th October to validate our visas and have a reccy/holiday.

We are going via HK with Cathay Pacific (in steerage) and I was wondering if anybody has travelled with them recently and what were their experiences?

Cheers.

Yeah, we travelled in February and they were fine (as good as a long haul can be in 'knees round your armpits' class). Food was OK and the entertainment was acceptable although they hadn't changed much of what was on offer for the return flight 3 weeks later, which was odd since they usually do.

The staff loved the 2 boys, and made a complete fuss of them, which is worth every penny in my book. We felt well looked after.

HTH
Old Sep 16th 2005, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

I travelled with them 5 years ago - they were brilliant. You have chosen well.

SS
Old Sep 16th 2005, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

thats good to hear, we fly out with them on 31st oct
Old Sep 16th 2005, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

We're flying Cathay..we've never flown with them before, we have a friend that flies to Hong Kong a few times a year and he think they're great. We're stopping off in Hong Kong so if they're crap at least it won't be too long on the plane. Fingers crossed anyway!
Old Sep 16th 2005, 8:02 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I flew on Cathay when I emigrated - I'm very fussy about my airline choice, and I found them superb. Very polite, excellent service, lovely food, drinks with a smile Hong Kong was a good airport too - didn't seem like I was there for 6 hours, the time flew past. I'm flying Cathay again when I go home on holiday next month.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 8:20 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

We flew with them coming here and they were excellent, albeit we were in Business Class. I would certainly recommend them.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hong Kong was a good airport too - didn't seem like I was there for 6 hours, the time flew past.
That'll be because it was an airport!!
Old Sep 16th 2005, 8:39 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

We flew Cathay last September when we went on our reccie. Toby was 5 months old then and I must say the crew were FABULOUS. Reservations had confirmed bulkheads for us all the way, and we were next to the galley. They warmed bottles, cuddled the baby and generally bent over backwards. I work in long haul travel and am very fussy. I was blown away by their standards. I have had nothing but problems with BA and the difference in standards was huge between the two airlines. Good food too and the noodles were great. We (rather, I, hubby doesnt know this) are planning on business class when we make the move! HK is great for a stopover too.

Lucy
Old Sep 16th 2005, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I flew on Cathay when I emigrated - I'm very fussy about my airline choice, and I found them superb. Very polite, excellent service, lovely food, drinks with a smile Hong Kong was a good airport too - didn't seem like I was there for 6 hours, the time flew past. I'm flying Cathay again when I go home on holiday next month.
Thats good to hear, as we have a 6hrs stop at hong kong airport too and with 3 kids...hopefully it will go quickly.

Trish
xx
Old Sep 16th 2005, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

we flew cathay in june - they were good
one small niggle was the "computer games " that they had - we travelled with malasian who have nintendo games which the kids thought were excellent & managed to while away the hours - the ones on cathay were very basic computer ones which weren't as good so i think we were spoilt the first time
luckily the kids had game boys which they played

hth

pootle26