Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cathay offering free internal flights

Cathay offering free internal flights

Old Sep 7th 2007, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold
Default Cathay offering free internal flights

Hi folks just to let everyone know I have booked my validation flights today. Return flights with Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong. They are offering a great deal at the moment you can have three free internal flights with Qantas just have to pay the airport taxes. We are flying to Melbourne and a flights to see friends in Adelaide and Perth (free almost just a hundred $ for all 4 of us to take these internal flights) and the ticket cost around £800 return for adult and £680 for kids. We paid a little more than hoped because we booked today for flights leaving 18th October otherwise we could have flown for £700 adults but we are taking weekend flights including Kids half term week. Cannot wait to stay in Hong Kong for a few nights as I used to live there 11 years ago.

Hope this helps someone as they kept the free internal flights quiet at the agent but phoned Cathay Direct and they offered these to me.

Cheryl
Old Sep 7th 2007, 5:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cathay offering free internal flights

Originally Posted by stevensfamily
Hi folks just to let everyone know I have booked my validation flights today. Return flights with Cathay Pacific via Hong Kong. They are offering a great deal at the moment you can have three free internal flights with Qantas just have to pay the airport taxes. We are flying to Melbourne and a flights to see friends in Adelaide and Perth (free almost just a hundred $ for all 4 of us to take these internal flights) and the ticket cost around £800 return for adult and £680 for kids. We paid a little more than hoped because we booked today for flights leaving 18th October otherwise we could have flown for £700 adults but we are taking weekend flights including Kids half term week. Cannot wait to stay in Hong Kong for a few nights as I used to live there 11 years ago.

Hope this helps someone as they kept the free internal flights quiet at the agent but phoned Cathay Direct and they offered these to me.

Cheryl

I've been going up to Hongers on and off for the last 30 years. I used to know the way round Hong Kong like the back of my hand....... not any more?
Old Sep 7th 2007, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bobcat
You'll notice a huge difference in Hong Kong.

I've been going up to Hongers on and off for the last 30 years. I used to know the way round Hong Kong like the back of my hand....... not any more?
Some things haven't changed the YMCA next to The Peninsular hotel is still a bargain, used to go in there when I worked in TST.

Taking the children for the first time I was pregnant with the first when I left. Hope to go back to Stanley market and up the Peak. Must check actually do I need a Visa now?

Cheryl
Old Sep 7th 2007, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Now you tell me!

All booked up with Emirates (2 weeks ago) and organised Virgin Blue internal flights FOR 6!!!! Would have saved me $$$$$$. Never mind, I shall enjoy my 2 nights in Dubai on the way over instead. I can't take it with me, right!
Old Sep 7th 2007, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Some things haven't changed the YMCA next to The Peninsular hotel is still a bargain, used to go in there when I worked in TST.

Taking the children for the first time I was pregnant with the first when I left. Hope to go back to Stanley market and up the Peak. Must check actually do I need a Visa now?

Cheryl
YMCA has changed dramatically! I've had many a photo taken on the roof top there over the years.............. what roof top you may well ask now?

It's a big high rise place.............. there's no roof top as we used to now it. Mind you it always was prime real estate that block.

Didn't see the fleet of rollers at the Peninsular this time round either......... wonder if they're going broke? Last time there we did a Hash House Harriers run through the Peninsular Lobby........... apparently we all got banned but that was about 20 odd years ago so they wouldn't remember us now?

Me and our kid lived for a while with very wealthy friends near the Peak. We felt out of place in our tee-shirts and thongs when this bloke with tails and a top hat on used to greet us and show us to the lift in this posh appartment block we were guests at. In those days we could only dream about one day owning a Roller, a Merc, or a Jag which were parked in abundance underneath the building. I'm glad dreams come true!

Didn't get across to the Wanch this time round but I should imagine that's all changed too. It was a hive of activity everywhere we went........ big mad hustle bustle with tower cranes swinging into action on every street corner. One thing that hasn't changed............ despite new buildings going up at double the height of old ones.......... they still use that flimsy bamboo scaffolding to work off........... unbelievable?

We had a week there prior to going to UK; and 5 days there again on the way back to the Philippines. It was too long to spend in Hong Kong I thought as the magic of old isn't there anymore?

Enjoy your stay there anyway.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bobcat
YMCA has changed dramatically! I've had many a photo taken on the roof top there over the years.............. what roof top you may well ask now?

It's a big high rise place.............. there's no roof top as we used to now it. Mind you it always was prime real estate that block.

Didn't see the fleet of rollers at the Peninsular this time round either......... wonder if they're going broke? Last time there we did a Hash House Harriers run through the Peninsular Lobby........... apparently we all got banned but that was about 20 odd years ago so they wouldn't remember us now?

Me and our kid lived for a while with very wealthy friends near the Peak. We felt out of place in our tee-shirts and thongs when this bloke with tails and a top hat on used to greet us and show us to the lift in this posh appartment block we were guests at. In those days we could only dream about one day owning a Roller, a Merc, or a Jag which were parked in abundance underneath the building. I'm glad dreams come true!

Didn't get across to the Wanch this time round but I should imagine that's all changed too. It was a hive of activity everywhere we went........ big mad hustle bustle with tower cranes swinging into action on every street corner. One thing that hasn't changed............ despite new buildings going up at double the height of old ones.......... they still use that flimsy bamboo scaffolding to work off........... unbelievable?

We had a week there prior to going to UK; and 5 days there again on the way back to the Philippines. It was too long to spend in Hong Kong I thought as the magic of old isn't there anymore?

Enjoy your stay there anyway.
I am a surveyor and used to work for Vigers (complementary membership to the Hong Kong Yacht club, GREAT!!). Hubby played for the TIGERS rugby club (often against HK Police, great social). No kids and a very long work and social life for a couple of years couldnt do it now!.

I managed all the Peak property for Vigers and had some amazing houses (thousands of £ a month rent and they flooded every rainy season). I remember those bamboo's as well and of course the SPITTING and that noise beforehand. Looked at accomodation and you can stay in Chungking Mansions, used to be a slight no go place when we were there except if you wanted a great curry amongst cockroaches!!!

Thanks for the memories,

I know things will have changed but this will be one last visit, there are so many other places to discover in the world just wanted the kids to see Hong Kong because they have heard so much about it and have grown up with the rosewood!!!

Cheryl

Last edited by stevensfamily; Sep 7th 2007 at 8:30 pm.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 11:08 pm
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

When will you be in Adelaide Cheryl? Fancy popping over to Bridgewater or meeting up?

Lou
xx

Cheryl
Old Sep 7th 2007, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Cheryl

(Hi Lou x)
Old Sep 7th 2007, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Weasy
When will you be in Adelaide Cheryl? Fancy popping over to Bridgewater or meeting up?

Lou
xx
Lou,

Sorry only booked today so not had time to drop you a line. I would love to meet up and to be honest that drink with you is one of the reasons we are coming over al be it for two days only. We arrive in Adelaide on morning of 6th November and will leave on morning of 8th November. Would have loved to have spent longer but so much to sort our in Melbourne. I am still awake because I have just booked our accomodation in Melbourne over the phone so we are all sorted now. Staying with friend in Belaire and would love to meet up with you as I definately owe you a couple of drinks!!!

So excited Lou, we got there in the end. Garry has signed off from the Army now so no more horrible tours of duty for him thank goodness. I cannot concentrate in work I just want to get over there now. If I can secure a job on this trip who knows we might be back in the next 6 months?

Cheryl
Old Sep 7th 2007, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
thats the other side of the world still mrs!! I read really quick looking for a flight you had done to our side of the country!! haha

(Hi Lou x)
Cath wont make it this time but not long I promise. My Uncle wont see me this time either we have to much to sort out in Melbourne (job to find and to settle on an actual area to live and get kids names down for school !!)I promise Cath we will be up your way next year, we are going to give ourselves some time off while stuff is being shipped over to travel around Oz a bit as we have not really been up your way much and would like to see more of it. Due to time constraints this trip just hop skip and a jump back towards home via Adelaide and Perth (shorter flight home and I have never been to Perth at all)

I have blagged 3 weeks off work and plan to excuse myself the other days either side

I would love to see you more than anything but just this trip is so short of time. You know I love you to bits,

Cheryl
Old Sep 8th 2007, 1:30 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

You owe me nothing Cheryl but I'd still like to see you and maybe meet Nicki finally too. I'll PM you all my contact details but surely it'll be easier for me to come to you.

Lou
xx

PS Hi Cath xx

Lou,

Sorry only booked today so not had time to drop you a line. I would love to meet up and to be honest that drink with you is one of the reasons we are coming over al be it for two days only. We arrive in Adelaide on morning of 6th November and will leave on morning of 8th November. Would have loved to have spent longer but so much to sort our in Melbourne. I am still awake because I have just booked our accomodation in Melbourne over the phone so we are all sorted now. Staying with friend in Belaire and would love to meet up with you as I definately owe you a couple of drinks!!!

So excited Lou, we got there in the end. Garry has signed off from the Army now so no more horrible tours of duty for him thank goodness. I cannot concentrate in work I just want to get over there now. If I can secure a job on this trip who knows we might be back in the next 6 months?

Cheryl