Cathay

Old Dec 2nd 2005, 11:28 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cathay

Someone was asking about Cathay Pacific the other day - just flew with them from London to Hong Kong and I must say they're the best long haul airline we've used so far. We checked in 48 hours earlier using the web-site which meant we got the pick of the seats (right up the front, close to the business class section). They boarded everyone incredibly efficiently (no messing about) then took off right on time. Cabin crew couldn't have been more helpful - let us use the business class bogs when the others were busy - genuinely nice team. Seats were slightly cramped, but it is economy and we all know pretty much what to expect on that front. Food was fine - missus supplied with nice veggie alternative as requested, sprog with kid's food - both went down well. In-seat entertainment fine. All front section seats have power-points so I used my laptop to watch previously downloaded movies. Flight arrived bang on time. Definitely using them the next time we fly out..
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all
Default Re: Cathay

Im using them when i fly on Boxing Day.
Can everyone check in 48hrs prior....?
Originally Posted by Hutch
Someone was asking about Cathay Pacific the other day - just flew with them from London to Hong Kong and I must say they're the best long haul airline we've used so far. We checked in 48 hours earlier using the web-site which meant we got the pick of the seats (right up the front, close to the business class section). They boarded everyone incredibly efficiently (no messing about) then took off right on time. Cabin crew couldn't have been more helpful - let us use the business class bogs when the others were busy - genuinely nice team. Seats were slightly cramped, but it is economy and we all know pretty much what to expect on that front. Food was fine - missus supplied with nice veggie alternative as requested, sprog with kid's food - both went down well. In-seat entertainment fine. All front section seats have power-points so I used my laptop to watch previously downloaded movies. Flight arrived bang on time. Definitely using them the next time we fly out..
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 12:15 pm

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by desperate2go
You can use their online check in
1/ if you are member of their frequent flyer program, or
2/ if you booked your ticket online directly on their website.

Mrs JTL
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 4:53 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by desperate2go
Just sign up for the Asia Miles membership (www.asiamiles.com). Phone Cathay - tell them that you want to use the online check-in and they'll associate your flight(s) with your new Asia Miles number. You won't actually clock up any air miles for that trip as you're supposed to have it in place before you book the seats, but you will be able to check-in online at www.cathaypacific.com. Be warned - it's 48 hours to the second - log in quickly and snag those good seats. Just done our onward leg - very handy knowing you'll be up the front of the plane
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

also useful to know that if you're flying on a boeing 747 400 (seating of 3 - 4 - 3 in economy class) then the last 4 rows only have 2 seats at the window. perfect for couples who want a bit extra room on the window side and no 3rd wheel!!!!

i've always managed to get a seat here. I fly with singapore airlines and email them after i've booked a flight to get one of those seats. they've always been very accomodating!

f
x