Cathay

Old Jul 21st 2004, 7:43 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cathay

Managed to get Cathay flights via HKG into Adelaide....anyone flown them?
Old Jul 21st 2004, 7:58 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cathay

Originally posted by lucyb
Yes I have. It was a while ago and I wasnt that impressed with them. Still, I arrived in Honh Kong in one piece.
Old Jul 21st 2004, 8:01 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I came out with Cathay last year; couldn't fault them, they were excellent. If I can afford them for my next trip I'd fly with them again, no problem. Food was good, staff attentive - even apologised if they bumped you with the food trolley!
Old Jul 21st 2004, 8:04 am

Theyve got some great deals...we are paying £589 pp return. 3 nights Hong Kong and then onto adelaide! Bargain.
Old Jul 21st 2004, 8:22 am
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Theyve got some great deals...we are paying £589 pp return. 3 nights Hong Kong and then onto adelaide! Bargain.
£589 is a great deal for a return flight - just one thing, as it is a return flight will Cathay give you a double baggage allowance ?

We booked with Singapore Airlines last week into Brisbane from Heathrow, they told us we would only get the 40kg allowance if it was a one-way ticket not return.

The one-way ticket was £325 per adult and slightly less for a child. 3 nights stopover for 2 adults and 2 children staying at the Carlton Hotel in Singapore was £180.

5 weeks today and were off to Brisbane
Old Jul 21st 2004, 8:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds like a very good deal. I've paid more than that just for a return from Heathrow to Hong Kong! Cathay's a great airline in general. I used to work for them and know they have some of the highest safety and service standards in the industry.

What hotel choices did they give you? I'm from HK and still have family there. If you want tips on where to shop/eat or what to do for the 2 or 3 days you're there, send me a PM. Otherwise have a good trip.

Mrs JTL
Old Jul 21st 2004, 8:59 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

I use them from HKG to PER ever time I go and I honestly cant't fault them, hey are as Pollyana says very polite and very attentive, even tomthe point of cleaning the loos every half an hour. I don't fly them from he UK to HKG so can't comment on that leg but every time out of HKG they have been fantastic.

Kala
Old Jul 21st 2004, 9:05 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by irishmolly
£589 is a great deal for a return flight - just one thing, as it is a return flight will Cathay give you a double baggage allowance ?

We booked with Singapore Airlines last week into Brisbane from Heathrow, they told us we would only get the 40kg allowance if it was a one-way ticket not return.

The one-way ticket was £325 per adult and slightly less for a child. 3 nights stopover for 2 adults and 2 children staying at the Carlton Hotel in Singapore was £180.

5 weeks today and were off to Brisbane

Thats what I was told too by Thai Air. Only oneway tickets get baggage allowance, otherwise they don't class you as immigrating.

I just weighed my bags, I have 600grams to play with
Old Jul 21st 2004, 9:54 am

Originally posted by JackTheLad
That sounds like a very good deal. I've paid more than that just for a return from Heathrow to Hong Kong! Cathay's a great airline in general. I used to work for them and know they have some of the highest safety and service standards in the industry.

What hotel choices did they give you? I'm from HK and still have family there. If you want tips on where to shop/eat or what to do for the 2 or 3 days you're there, send me a PM. Otherwise have a good trip.

Mrs JTL

Hi Mrs JTL!

I work for Kuoni SO I am booking the Shangril La through stafftravel for a ridiculous bargain! My husband lived in HK for 10 years so we are looking forward to a visit!
Lucy
Old Jul 21st 2004, 10:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mrs JTL!

I work for Kuoni SO I am booking the Shangril La through stafftravel for a ridiculous bargain! My husband lived in HK for 10 years so we are looking forward to a visit!
Lucy
You lucky thing! Are you staying at the Island Shangri-La or the Kowloon one? There used to be a bar with a perfect view of the harbour at the top floor of the Island Shang. However when we went for a drink end of January this year, it was turned into a restaurant. It was one of the few places JTL doesn't mind paying a bit extra for a pint of beer because it had such a lovely view, especially in the evening. What a shame...

Shopping near both Shang's is great. Just make sure you have your credit cards and your husband's. You'll need them all.

I'm planning on a trip to HK (hopefully end of this year or beginning of next) to visit family and order furniture after we settle in Brisbane next month. So I'm quite jealous you'll be there much sooner...

Cheers,
Mrs JTL
Old Jul 21st 2004, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

That is a great price-who did you do that with and what time of year?

Old Jul 21st 2004, 12:41 pm

Originally posted by melaniee
That is a great price-who did you do that with and what time of year?

Hi

Did it direct with Cathay in the end....they have an offer on for the month of September.....
Old Jul 21st 2004, 1:44 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

just weighed my bags, I have 600grams to play with
Michelle - 600 grams of Thorntons Chocolate maybe?!!
Old Jul 21st 2004, 2:21 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by Pollyana
Michelle - 600 grams of Thorntons Chocolate maybe?!!

Now you're talking my language!!
Old Jul 21st 2004, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

jasper pentop is an unknown quantity at this point

I flew home with them uk to adelaide via HK at the beginning of June. I have to admit I was pretty disappointed and wont be using them again!
Firstly they refused my partner migration baggage allowance so for the last two months and one more we will be living out of what fitted in to 2 suitcases. They are really strict with baggage weight and hand luggage at Heathrow, Got the thorough look over, the people next to us had to unpack their bags in the middle of the terminal into plastic bags.
ALSO and it might be because it was a long flight, but the seats seem smaller and more squashy than other airlines .
THe on-flight entertainment was good, the food orright but its Qantas have better hand sets to let u play with the buttons for games/changing channels - on cathay u have to slide ur hand down the side of ur seat and look dodgy the whole time
Hope u have a better experience!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.