Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Catching the train to Mandurah - good news

Catching the train to Mandurah - good news

Old Dec 17th 2003, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Catching the train to Mandurah - good news

Well it's going to cost the government more than was anticipated, but it's good news for the 42% of Mandurah people who commute to Perth daily.

From today's Coastal Times:

"Rail link brought forward"
The long-awaited Mandurah-Perth rail link has been brought forward with services scheduled to start in December 2006 (originally planned for December 2007).
Construction is due to begin within three months, following the approval this week of major construction contracts.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 1:48 pm
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Catching the train to Mandurah - good news

Originally posted by Jacqui
Well it's going to cost the government more than was anticipated, but it's good news for the 42% of Mandurah people who commute to Perth daily.

From today's Coastal Times:

"Rail link brought forward"
The long-awaited Mandurah-Perth rail link has been brought forward with services scheduled to start in December 2006 (originally planned for December 2007).
Construction is due to begin within three months, following the approval this week of major construction contracts.
I read it was going to be $100 million over budget and that some thought that was just the tip of the iceberg. It sounds like an ambitious project lets hope they complete on time, having seen rush hour traffic on the freeway I certainly wouldn't want to commute that journey by car especially in the summer months.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

markaren is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Catching the train to Mandurah - good news

Originally posted by Jirrupin
I read it was going to be $100 million over budget and that some thought that was just the tip of the iceberg. It sounds like an ambitious project lets hope they complete on time, having seen rush hour traffic on the freeway I certainly wouldn't want to commute that journey by car especially in the summer months.
I think compared to having to build new lanes to the freeways, this I think will be a cheaper choice to make