Reload this Page >

Catch-22? Opinions/Guidance requested

Catch-22? Opinions/Guidance requested

Old Dec 6th 2006, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

arentol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Catch-22? Opinions/Guidance requested

Greetings,

I am hoping that some readers can assist me. I am currently reviewing our family's options for migration to Australia.

I thought that a good place to start would be to try to secure a job offer first. Every advertisement I see for a job offer, though, states that only Australian residents need apply. I am a U.S. citizen.

Do Australian companies hire overseas applicants? Or is this the hard path? Perhaps it's easier to obtain state sponsorship, get residency, and then start applying? I am 10 points shy of the 120-mark skills test.

Any thoughts and experiences would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.

Brian
Old Dec 7th 2006, 12:05 am
Now in Perth and lovin it

Pookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nice
Default Re: Catch-22? Opinions/Guidance requested

Originally Posted by arentol
Greetings,

I am hoping that some readers can assist me. I am currently reviewing our family's options for migration to Australia.

I thought that a good place to start would be to try to secure a job offer first. Every advertisement I see for a job offer, though, states that only Australian residents need apply. I am a U.S. citizen.

Do Australian companies hire overseas applicants? Or is this the hard path? Perhaps it's easier to obtain state sponsorship, get residency, and then start applying? I am 10 points shy of the 120-mark skills test.

Any thoughts and experiences would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.

Brian

Hi Brian, I move to Perth in a week and all because my wife applied for a job in "The Construction News" and the rest is history. So we're getting in on a 4yr temporary residency visa. All good.

What is your trade? WA is booming on anything whatsoever to do with mining... They're definately hiring from overseas