Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cat owners in Oz........

Cat owners in Oz........

Old Jan 21st 2011, 11:02 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cat owners in Oz........

Originally Posted by sammyg
Our strange moggy also seems to think that the pool is his water bowl. He never drinks from his water bowl
We have 4 available water bowls in our house - one in the kitchen, one by the back door and one by the laundry door for the dog and cat, and the cat has her own in the laundry - and yet she still insists on drinking from the pool.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Hampshire - soon to be somewhere between Brissie and Gold Coast!!!
MrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
No he never came home.

We have told ourselves that he has found a new family to live with and is very happy. I still wonder most nights if he will be sat on the doorstep when I get home.
BS I am sorry to hear that. As a cat lover myself I know how hard it it.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

We got our cat as a stray. She was a kitten when we first got her, but not tiny. I kept her inside the first few weeks, then let her out in the yard. She really wanted to go out. She is happy chasing moths around the yard. The biggest thing she has caught was a gecko. I find that in the daytime she wont wonder far, but if she is out past 6pm, she will take off, and then she wont come back. I bring her in now, and feed her dinner.

I was never a cat person until I took her in, but she is a lovely cat. She must know I am typing about her, as she has come and sat next to the computer and is purring away
Old Jan 21st 2011, 12:52 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KatieStar
We got our cat as a stray. She was a kitten when we first got her, but not tiny. I kept her inside the first few weeks, then let her out in the yard. She really wanted to go out. She is happy chasing moths around the yard. The biggest thing she has caught was a gecko. I find that in the daytime she wont wonder far, but if she is out past 6pm, she will take off, and then she wont come back. I bring her in now, and feed her dinner.

I was never a cat person until I took her in, but she is a lovely cat. She must know I am typing about her, as she has come and sat next to the computer and is purring away
My Gordon is curled up in our archive box under my desk, I can hear rustling and creaking around and when I lift open the box, a ball of orange 'fattness catness' is in there, his eyes blinking sleepily because I have disturbed him.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 11:07 am
Greetings Traveller

JustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Petals
Oh what a good idea I need this for my cats, I have three now and because we live on a large block with farm fencing its easy for them to slip away. The dogs on the property next door actually killed one of my cats. We had dogs too so the cats were not frightened of dogs. We no longer have any dogs they retired, got very old and headed off to dog heaven. So now we just have the cats.

Where abouts did you get the system from an electronics shop ?
Sorry to hear you lost one of your cats in this way, how awful.

The system we used is called Petsafe & you can find it on dogmaster.com.au but I can't remember if that is where we got ours from. It is $$$ but prob the same or cheaper than a decent enclosure. We found it very easy to set up.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

sharonm5 will become famous soon enoughsharonm5 will become famous soon enough

i have a little burmese, and a ginger ninja! The cats can play outside during the day but as others, they know when its food time and come bolting in sliding across the polished floorboards often providing me with endless entertainment as they crash into the dining room walls!

I have had one parakeet strategically placed in my doorway during the night, but that was when Pic's sister went missing (pet sitter lost her!) and I couldnt get him in one night... not the most pleasant thing to wake up to when you stumbling around in the dark!

All I get these days are roaches, lizards and today I got a butterfly... but I can normally hear the cats have a present prior to seeing them... they have this little growl they develop and you just know whats up!