Reload this Page >

Cat owners in Oz........

Cat owners in Oz........

Old Jan 11th 2011, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

stenik will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Cat owners in Oz........

Originally Posted by Professional Princess View Post
Nikiki, can I ask you about your siamese, my cat Gordon's father was siamese and Gordon has a bad habit of eating/chewing/sucking on fabric - is that a siamese cat thing, does your cat do it?

Hi PP! No, mine hasn't done that yet but she does do some strange things! Her latest trick is to be standing on the top of an open door!! She is definately the quirkiest cat we have ever owned.
Is Gordon with you guys? I take it he is an indoor cat? x
Old Jan 11th 2011, 8:56 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stenik View Post
Hi PP! No, mine hasn't done that yet but she does do some strange things! Her latest trick is to be standing on the top of an open door!! She is definately the quirkiest cat we have ever owned.
Is Gordon with you guys? I take it he is an indoor cat? x
Gordon used to sit on top of open doors He is too big now, his mother was British Shorthaired the vet reckons and we know his dad was siamese.

Yes we bought him with us, he never grew out of eating towels and even ate some carpet on the cat ladder in quarantine. I love him so much. He also bites you if you dont feed him on time, starts off gentley and then increases in pressure until you give in.

He only eats one brand and one flavour of cat meat - 'Snappy Tom', salmon and tuna flavour plus biscuit, we tend to give him what he wants being a senior boy of nearly 9 years old.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 9:05 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Nikiki, can I ask you about your siamese, my cat Gordon's father was siamese and Gordon has a bad habit of eating/chewing/sucking on fabric - is that a siamese cat thing, does your cat do it?

Not just a Siamese thing Sam, I have a beautiful Burmilla (Burmese x Chinchilla) that chews towels, tea towels, dish cloths etc if we don't keep them out of his reach. I don't think we own a towel that doesn't have the corners chewed
Old Jan 11th 2011, 9:09 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
Not just a Siamese thing Sam, I have a beautiful Burmilla (Burmese x Chinchilla) that chews towels, tea towels, dish cloths etc if we don't keep them out of his reach. I don't think we own a towel that doesn't have the corners chewed
I dont have any single towel that hasnt been eaten, he really tucks into them as well and enjoys chewing the threads, bitter spray, chilli sauce doesnt work and he can open cupboards and we cant lock damp towels away and sometimes he breaks into the bathroom to get them.

Here is my big boy! Bearing in mind this is a large size dog bed he has taken over, you get the gist of how big he is.
Attached Thumbnails Cat owners in Oz........-gordon.jpg  
Old Jan 11th 2011, 9:24 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

I dont have any single towel that hasnt been eaten, he really tucks into them as well and enjoys chewing the threads, bitter spray, chilli sauce doesnt work and he can open cupboards and we cant lock damp towels away and sometimes he breaks into the bathroom to get them.

Here is my big boy! Bearing in mind this is a large size dog bed he has taken over, you get the gist of how big he is.
He is a big boy! My Burmilla is quite small but he does a great deal of damage for his size! Love him and his brother to bits though

We have a cat proofed garden for them and they only go outside when we're home and we get them in at night.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

we have a 6 month old Siamese and she nibbles at everything she also plays run-and-catch very like a dog. We have a reasonable sized garden that is fully fenced in, I put up some rolls of bamboo fencing over the wooden fence to make it impossible to climb. Am happy enough to let her outside for a while but would never leave her unattended, she is happy enough to laze around the house and loves either sitting on my OH, me or my office chair.

She is now 2040 grams when we got her in early october she was only 890g see here http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...39#post8908939
Attached Thumbnails Cat owners in Oz........-sara.jpg   Cat owners in Oz........-sara-2.jpg  

Last edited by man_called_Horse; Jan 11th 2011 at 9:49 am.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse View Post
we have a 6 month old Siamese and she nibbles at everything she also plays run-and-catch very like a dog. We have a reasonable sized garden that is fully fenced in, I put up some rolls of bamboo fencing over the wooden fence to make it impossible to climb. Am happy enough to let her outside for a while but would never leave her unattended, she is happy enough to laze around the house and loves either sitting on my OH, me or my office chair.

She is now 2040 grams when we got her in early october she was only 890g see here http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...39#post8908939
Slinky girl! They are quite talkative arent they? (siamese). Gordon still has his retrieval skills, he used to retrieve stuffed toys but satisfies his craving with feathers and smaller things.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Slinky girl! They are quite talkative arent they? (siamese). Gordon still has his retrieval skills, he used to retrieve stuffed toys but satisfies his craving with feathers and smaller things.
Only in the mornings she likes to have a grumble about nothing.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:27 am
cheeky tart

Only in the mornings she likes to have a grumble about nothing.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:29 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

We bought our boy with us, he was mainly an indoor lazy boy, but always popped out for a couple of hours sunbathing in the morning. After 1 year here he was run over outside our house, dont know how as he had never crossed the road before, it happened 2minutes before i opened the door to leave on the school run so he died in my arms.
We got a rescue cat mainly as a distraction as we were so upset, (was the 1yr anniversary of my nephews death too) she is a diamond cat, she tries to get out but weve managed to keep her housebound.
I then made the mistake of stopping to see a kitten, took him home, hes a total home body as hes never been out, hes half persian, talks all the time, is huge and longhaired blue.
Then...the daughter was given a kitten, shes since moved to melbourne so left the cat with us, no idea what she is but shes a pygmy cat, so tiny but eats heaps...shes an escape artist, follows the dog as if she could sneak out under her legs....
we wouldnt dream of letting our cats out here, for their sakes and the sake of the wildlife...
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

This one was from the end of November, she was stalking a big Blue tongue in the garden. Luckily I caught her before she got into trouble, and the Lizard escaped unharmed but not before I took a picture showing the scale.
Attached Thumbnails Cat owners in Oz........-img_0299.jpg  
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

gelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud ofgelato has much to be proud of

My mum in suburban Sydney has a cat. Her old cat used to kill marsupial hopping mice (endangered ) as well as parrots and baby possums. Anyway the vet recommended that she keep the cat inside at night and that solved the problem. He still went out during the day and the new cat does too but they are kept in at night when the marsupials come out.

I strongly recommend that anyone who owns a cat in Australia keep their cat in at night!!
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:53 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

We had 3 cats and fed them their main meal in the evening so we could get them in for the night.

I used to give them a distinctive whistle and they soon learned that was the sign for grub so came a scampering.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

Our girl loves to fetch stuff too. Her favourite used to be a little beannie ape, but now she has this old raggy scraggy little stuffed toy and we always find it in her food bowl! She is VERY talkative....
Was devastated at the thought of not being able to take her, but thanks again to you lot, it seems like it would be well worth giving it a go. As long as she is with us, she is settled and happy. I have certainly taken all of your advice on board, especially about her welfare and the welfare of the local species. This is why she already has 2 big bells on her collar!
Would post a pic of her but dont know how to do it on here.......

Nikki x
Old Jan 11th 2011, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Forgot to say man called horse............your siamese is beautiful!! Please explain how I can post pics on here..........mine has completely different markings to Sara, but is my baby!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.