Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cat insurance in quarantine?

Cat insurance in quarantine?

Old Sep 13th 2005, 12:54 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Cat insurance in quarantine?

For those of you who have already had their animals sent over, did you need to get any sort of pet insurance whilst they are in quarantine?

I asked Airpets and they said it's not required for the flight itself, they have never heard of an animal becoming ill en route, so guess I have to take their word on that, but what if our cat is ill or injures herself in quarantine?
Old Sep 13th 2005, 1:00 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cat insurance in quarantine?

Originally Posted by bridiej
For those of you who have already had their animals sent over, did you need to get any sort of pet insurance whilst they are in quarantine?

I asked Airpets and they said it's not required for the flight itself, they have never heard of an animal becoming ill en route, so guess I have to take their word on that, but what if our cat is ill or injures herself in quarantine?
I don't know the answer to this but if you find out can you let me know.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

Bounty Girl is an unknown quantity at this point

I too am interested in this as my cat is booked on a flight Sept 28th
Old Sep 13th 2005, 1:43 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm, also interested in this. And another thought, I have pet insurance over here, but my cats are 9 and 10, would an Aussie pet insurance take them on at that age. Neither of them have had any major illnesses to date, and the only ops have been the ones to spey them. I know some over here won't insure older cats.

Shirley
Old Sep 13th 2005, 2:00 pm

Geez, pet insurance is over double the cost that it is here, plus "joining fees"!!!! :scared:

I know it was invaluable when my Holly was ill but might be better off just having a separate savings account and putting the monthly premium in that!
Old Sep 13th 2005, 2:03 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Geez, pet insurance is over double the cost that it is here, plus "joining fees"!!!! :scared:

I know it was invaluable when my Holly was ill but might be better off just having a separate savings account and putting the monthly premium in that!
Yes, I think you are probably right, especially when I haven't claimed in the 9 years I have had the insurance!
Old Sep 13th 2005, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Yes, I think you are probably right, especially when I haven't claimed in the 9 years I have had the insurance!
I claimed three years in the 9 years I had insurance: first time was when he dislocated his toe (dont ask!) and had to have it xrayed; second time he had to go in over night as he had swallowed one of those plastic tags that you get on clothes and it was sticking out of his backside; and third time recently when he had stomach cancer.

I must admit it was invaluable this time BUT I bet if I sit and work out the money paid TO the insurance company it probably is more than I ever got back.....
Old Sep 13th 2005, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Trekrider will become famous soon enoughTrekrider will become famous soon enough

I must admit it was invaluable this time BUT I bet if I sit and work out the money paid TO the insurance company it probably is more than I ever got back.....
Too right about that, that's how they make their money We had our two cats insured for about eight years and I know we paid out far more than we got back