British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Cat...to go or not to go (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/cat-go-not-go-560296/)

Crazyhorse Sep 8th 2008 2:36 pm

Cat...to go or not to go

Hi All,
Should we take our very timid 4 year old (barmy/part feral) lovely little Mini Haha?
I'm worried that the minute she goes out she'll eat something dodgy and pop her clogs! Also that the stress of the flight might pop her off. And also the financial cost and of taking her. AND I don't know where to start, we have to be in Oz before the 9th Novemeber (yes, this year) are just buying tickets tonight, and how the hell do you organise a pet migration??
We're going to Adelaide!!
HELP PLEASE!
thanks

Wandathecat Sep 8th 2008 4:12 pm

Re: Cat...to go or not to go

Originally Posted by Crazyhorse (Post 6761823)
Hi All,
Should we take our very timid 4 year old (barmy/part feral) lovely little Mini Haha?
I'm worried that the minute she goes out she'll eat something dodgy and pop her clogs! Also that the stress of the flight might pop her off. And also the financial cost and of taking her. AND I don't know where to start, we have to be in Oz before the 9th Novemeber (yes, this year) are just buying tickets tonight, and how the hell do you organise a pet migration??
HELP PLEASE!
thanks

Taking ours, couldn't leave them behind. I think the owners stress more than they do about the whole flying thing. Most people are very positive about shipping pets. Our container turned up the other day and I would swap it for my seat!!!

For 2 cats its costing about £2k

Cx

Marmalade Sep 8th 2008 4:19 pm

Hi All,
HELP PLEASE!
thanks

Yes, take your cat. Many others have successfully taken theirs:D

Crazyhorse Sep 8th 2008 5:00 pm

Thanks Marmalade & Wandathecat. I've decided to take her (she's such a sweet thing-tiny, that's why we call her Mini). Now how to go about it?!

Marmalade Sep 8th 2008 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by Crazyhorse (Post 6762210)
Thanks Marmalade & Wandathecat. I've decided to take her (she's such a sweet thing-tiny, that's why we call her Mini). Now how to go about it?!

Glad to hear you're taking her. She sounds adoreable:D

Can't help you with the moving part, but I'm sure plenty of others can:thumbup:

katamina Sep 8th 2008 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by Crazyhorse (Post 6762210)

I'm taking 4 out of 5! Yes, it's gonna cost a fortune.....but they're my babies - I don't do human babies!

I'm using a pet travel agent (just google something like 'transporting pets to australia), but have applied for my own export & import permits. Most of the pet travel agents can do that bit for you, but charge more than what it actually costs.

Speak to one of them & they can pretty much sort all of it for you

Hope that helps :)

Jo

Wandathecat Sep 8th 2008 5:27 pm

We are using Jets4pets they are online.

I rang round and the price was pretty much the same everywhere.

Have heard good thinga about other carriers too but can't remember them off the top of my head.

Cx

seansuperhoop Sep 8th 2008 5:37 pm

Hi All,
HELP PLEASE!
thanks

Hi
Your cat is very young- I'm sure she'll be fine. You could try Airpets- I'm sure they can arrange everything by the 9th Nov. My cat is flying out with them at the end of the month ( £1000 ) .

Regards