Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Casual work opportunities in Sunshine Coast???

Casual work opportunities in Sunshine Coast???

Old Sep 9th 2005, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

jacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud of
Question Casual work opportunities in Sunshine Coast???

Hello All

Me (36) and my man (50) are soon to be moving to the Sunshine Coast (Jan 2006) - cant wait.

When we arrive we will be renting a house while we research locations and a new house to build. During that time we will be looking for some casual work. We are open to doing all sorts of work, we will be able to work long hours (unsocial) and at weekends if required. We were wondering what sorts of opportunites were available in and around the Sunshine Coast. Ideas we have had include stewarding events, promotional work, sales, hospitality.

Can anyone recommend anything...we are very flexible.

Our backgrounds are that my man was a cop for 30 yrs and I have worked in PR.

All help apprecaited.

The Spinkways
Old Sep 10th 2005, 12:16 am
Just Joined

kimosavi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Casual work opportunities in Sunshine Coast???

I think it's a very wise question as I share the same plan of getting whatever job is available at first. I'll be going to Syd next Feb. if someone could shed some light on this matter would be useful... how easy would be to get one in the first weeks? where should I look?

thanks in advance and good look...
Old Sep 11th 2005, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

hello!...noticed your thread.

The sunshine coast is a huge area. Ihave lived there briefly just over a year ago.

if you are open to doing all different types of work..then i would say you have a very good chance of obtaining work in that area.
I was there for one week and applied for 2 jobs ..one was in dental surgery as a courier , the other was office work..wasn't successful.....i then applied for a reception job in a health retreat and started work with them 2 days later.

the *sunshine coast is a HUGE area..is growing more and more each day lots of restaurants...shops.....building industry work etc..etc.......Good Luck..and congrats...because you will be living in a very beautiful area on the east coast of Australia....*paradise*...
Old Sep 11th 2005, 4:41 am
Banned

Astro will become famous soon enoughAstro will become famous soon enough

Hi, this will give you an idea of what's available on the Sunny Coast...

http://tinyurl.com/8vqp2
Old Sep 11th 2005, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
hello!...noticed your thread.

The sunshine coast is a huge area. Ihave lived there briefly just over a year ago.

if you are open to doing all different types of work..then i would say you have a very good chance of obtaining work in that area.
I was there for one week and applied for 2 jobs ..one was in dental surgery as a courier , the other was office work..wasn't successful.....i then applied for a reception job in a health retreat and started work with them 2 days later.

the *sunshine coast is a HUGE area..is growing more and more each day lots of restaurants...shops.....building industry work etc..etc.......Good Luck..and congrats...because you will be living in a very beautiful area on the east coast of Australia....*paradise*...
that is of course meant to be..within one week of being there i applied for 2 jobs..etc ...etc..
Old Sep 11th 2005, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

jacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud of

Hi Maple Leaf

Just to give us an idea what sort of money did you earn working in the health club on reception? We are hoping to work together somewhere, we currently work together and it works well.

Cheers

The Spinkways
Old Sep 11th 2005, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jacknscoob
Hi Maple Leaf

Just to give us an idea what sort of money did you earn working in the health club on reception? We are hoping to work together somewhere, we currently work together and it works well.

Cheers

The Spinkways
i was working in a mountain health retreat situation. i think from memory i was earning about $16 an hr...for work that was not difficult at all....i truly loved it....unfortunately i didn't stay in that area for very long and moved further South.
One thing i can tell you..is that as an Australia i have NEVER been out of work for too long. It depends on what a person is *willing and able to do*..in those in between times before finding that great job to settle into...

I am now a trained Rec Therapist and work with the elderly, more so people who have dementia. I moved to the highest unemployed are in Australia and secured a full time job within one month of being there. In between i did cleaning in a resort. I was earning sometimes $120 for 4 hrs work- i worked for about 12 hrs a week till i secured the job i realy wanted *S*..Good Luck hope this is helpful!