Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

casual employment

casual employment

Old Jun 5th 2010, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light
Default casual employment

Hi
Does anyone know, if you are employed casual wot the goin rate is (fast food) and if u get extra for working a sunday, sorry if this has been asked b4.
Ty
Sue
Old Jun 5th 2010, 1:02 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: casual employment

This might be useful as a guide mate

http://www.wageline.qld.gov.au/aol/s...spitality1.pdf
Old Jun 6th 2010, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
This might be useful as a guide mate

http://www.wageline.qld.gov.au/aol/s...spitality1.pdf
thanks for that, so basically I wont get paid any extra for working a sunday, bit worried coz ive worked for company 7 weeks no payslip, cash in hand, so dont know if they r paying tax or super.

sue
Old Jun 7th 2010, 1:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suesk
thanks for that, so basically I wont get paid any extra for working a sunday, bit worried coz ive worked for company 7 weeks no payslip, cash in hand, so dont know if they r paying tax or super.

sue
ask for your payslips mate... youll need them for your tax returns in a few weeks anyway
Old Jun 7th 2010, 9:06 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

They have to provide evidence of pay & Super either in paper format or on the system via intranet access. Take a look at this link for National Employment Standards http://www.fairwork.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx

As of 1st Jan this information MUST be given to all new employees as it's illigal not to tell you your work rights mate. Take a read of the link it's a good start
Old Jun 7th 2010, 11:37 am
ABCDiamond

sue
Depends on how you read that ...

Penalty rates Weekends – Employees, other than casuals, shall be paid at the rate of time and a half for all ordinary hours worked on Saturdays and Sundays.
Casual Shall mean an employee engaged as such who is employed by the hour. Minimum payment of 2 hours per engagement.
Casual loadings are payable as follows –
23% for all ordinary hours worked
73% where the rate of pay prescribed is time and a half
123% where the rate of pay prescribed is double time
173% where the rate of pay prescribed is double time and a half
Therefore a weekend penalty rate for a casual is an extra 73%, compared to only 50% for a permanent employee.

Old Jun 8th 2010, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by eddie007
ask for your payslips mate... youll need them for your tax returns in a few weeks anyway
Apparently they r having problems at head office coz they av changed thier system

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
They have to provide evidence of pay & Super either in paper format or on the system via intranet access. Take a look at this link for National Employment Standards http://www.fairwork.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx

As of 1st Jan this information MUST be given to all new employees as it's illigal not to tell you your work rights mate. Take a read of the link it's a good start
thanks for that ill have a good look through that, like i already said tho they av changed the system and r avin problems not that this should stop them back dating which i hope they do, only thing is stupid me hasnt been keeping a record of hours and pay doh lol.

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Depends on how you read that ...

Therefore a weekend penalty rate for a casual is an extra 73%, compared to only 50% for a permanent employee.
so i should have been given 73% on top of my normal wage? interesting, when i said to the boss is it double time for sundays he asked me if it was a public holiday if not u dont get extra.

thanks for all your help guys i do appreciate xx
Old Jun 9th 2010, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

its pay day 2moro lets see if i get a payslip
Old Jun 9th 2010, 12:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

its pay day 2moro lets see if i get a payslip
Hey Sue - hope it all works out for you and they are doing everything as they should be hon...

xx
Old Jun 9th 2010, 12:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Let's put it this way Sue, my husband who is on contract, has to work all public holidays because it costs so much to have casuals in. He also tries to use the permanents as much as poss for weekends, again because it is cheaper.
There is something rather suspect if you are not getting a payslip at all.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

guess wot...........yes u guessed correct no payslip. right here we go boss is paying us $16ph he says we r on $18.39ph and the rest is tax. someone who works with me foned head office 2day coz shes goin 4 a loan and needs the last 3 payslips which she hasnt recieved (she has recieved all previous) on all her previous it says $18.39ph and tax taken no super, she had her 3 payslips faxed to her this evening and it states $18.39ph tax taken and super taken. is it me or does this sound suss.

also after reading the earlier post about wageline which i have printed off it states that if u handle cash u should b on $20.33 level 3. can anyone else see where i am coming from. i have been with the company only 10 weeks omg at the moment i could bloody scream, ive been out of work since last may so i dont want to just give the job up, plus b4 i started this job i done a retail course and slipped a disc in my spine so i cant lift or anything, wot shall i do.

ty Reedy and Sally for your replies i think u can see im at the end of my tether
Old Jun 10th 2010, 11:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

I would contact the tax office to ask if tax is being paid & also the Super company to ensure that contributions are in fact going in. You should have had some contact from the Super fund by now, so should have a reference number.
Is this a small company or a national one?
Old Jun 11th 2010, 5:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Simpson
I would contact the tax office to ask if tax is being paid & also the Super company to ensure that contributions are in fact going in. You should have had some contact from the Super fund by now, so should have a reference number.
Is this a small company or a national one?
Good advice Sal...

I think from the begining of the thread that it is a franchise of a multinational is that right Sue?
Old Jun 11th 2010, 7:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

In that case, I would also consider contacting the head office if you are failing to get anywhere with the manager/owner/franchisee
Old Jun 11th 2010, 7:40 am
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Does anyone know, if you are employed casual wot the goin rate is (fast food) and if u get extra for working a sunday, sorry if this has been asked b4.
Ty
Sue

If your spelling is anything to go by you have a long career ahead in fast food

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.