Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Castle Hill RSL-Tuesdays 10.30am

Castle Hill RSL-Tuesdays 10.30am

Old May 26th 2008, 10:27 am
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all
Default Re: Castle Hill RSL-Tuesdays 10.30am

Originally Posted by yanH
I have open day at school, so won't be able to make it. See you soon.
I can't make it either, maybe next week.
Old May 26th 2008, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

shine5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Not long in sydney - 8 weeks now and i was going to head to the RSL tomorrow with my 4 year old daughter. Was wondering where exactly do you all be and what time do you meet at?
Old May 26th 2008, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

SoMa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Shine,
Do u know the RSL?
We sit outside, usually on one of the large tables, in the middle.
Sometimes there is quite a crowd, although think it will be quiet tomorrow.
I will PM you my mobile, so if you can't find us, you can ring.

The clown ect, doesn't get there until 11am, so we normally meet around this time.
Old May 26th 2008, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

shine5 is an unknown quantity at this point

hya,

yeh have been there already, will be there about 11am so., will ring you if i cant see you. ta.

cya tomorrow thanks

rachel
Old May 29th 2008, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

I wont be at Castle Hill this Tuesday (3rd June) as the FTC (First Tuesday Club) is meeting at Flower Power at Glenhaven
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=539687 if anybody else is interested in coming along
The RSL tends to be quiet from a British Expats point of view when it is on at the same time as the FTC....
Old May 29th 2008, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

SoMa is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Katherine,
nice and handy too.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 1:23 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya

Errrm can anyone narrow down for me where it is?

Is it near Macdonalds as there was a sign for it just before, having said that there were signs the other way for it too !!!!!
Is it past Castle Towers towards hastings road? or the other way?

If I can get there and ppl are going on the 10th June then I will try to get there, bit dependant on wether I will have a car or not as that will be hubby's first day at work and we're yet to pick up the car we've jsut bought !

Staying in Glenorie at the moment so public transport might be out of the question lol

Jen xx
Old Jun 5th 2008, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

Well you certainly bought the British weather with you JenJen!
The RSL is weather dependant and not great in the rain. That said we do usually try and meet up somewhere in the rain.....
Keep an eye on this thread and we'll get our act together nearer the time!!
How are you enjoying it so far!
Old Jun 5th 2008, 10:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Katherined0
Well you certainly bought the British weather with you JenJen!
The RSL is weather dependant and not great in the rain. That said we do usually try and meet up somewhere in the rain.....
Keep an eye on this thread and we'll get our act together nearer the time!!
How are you enjoying it so far!
LMAO hey our hosts say it was threatening this before we arrived, it's just everyone else has told us we've brought it with us

I didn't realise it was weather dependant , yesterday wasn't too bad and today is looking okish so hopefully the weather will improve, you meet in the rain ? not where those fountains are I hope lol, where the cockatoos gather lol.

Been missing my dad, who I saw alot in the UK, which has been quite hard, wasn't feeling very well at all yesterday, feeling a bit sicky today so not sure if thats homesickness, the last few weeks catching up to me or, hubby reckons it might be something else but we will see, that wouldn't be the best timing. I felt better yesterday evening but not so good again this morning.

I will keep an eye on this thread see what if anything happens for Tuesday and wether or not I will have the use of a car by then lol

Hope your all good and enjoying a non wet day, will try and do a sun dance in a while see if I can bring the sun back for you all
Old Jun 9th 2008, 8:55 am
Account Closed

I'll assume as nothing has been posted that there is no meet up tomorrow.
Will be going to bed early tonight as have to get up early to take hubby to work if I want the car and then have some errands to run with the kids around Castle Hill and Hornsby first thing so won't check internet til mid day tomorrow at earliest.

Hope if you're meeting somewhere else tomorrow you have a good time, would have been nice to meet some people this week but I think with weather and restrictions it'll be just me and the kids.

x
Old Jun 9th 2008, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Sal1705 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure if you will get this in time JenJen but notice you have only just posted........
I will be there tomorrow at 10:30 sharp (!) as I need to leave by 11:45. Think there may be some others too..........but will have to wait for everyone to answer to be sure.
Old Jun 9th 2008, 9:17 am
Account Closed

Thanks Sal

Was just about to log off and go have dinner then go to bed.

Providing i'm not a mess as I have been today with homesickness I will be try to find the RSL for 10:30am i'd really like to meet a few people, but obviously if i'm a wreck I don't want to depress everyone else.
You wouldn't miss me as i'd be the one with a whingey little boy in a buggy and 2 bored older children in tow !!!!

Thanks again
Old Jun 9th 2008, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Sal1705 is an unknown quantity at this point

Always welcome to come and depress other Poms. We have all been there...done that!!!
Hopefully see you tomorrow.....................
Old Jun 9th 2008, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

cee1jay is an unknown quantity at this point

hello girls and kiddies...wont be there tomorrow as Lauren going to day care instead of monday so I have decided to be a good wife and keep the miserable house husband company!!! have fun hope the rain keeps off.See you next week. x
Old Jun 9th 2008, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

I'll be there tomorrow but will make it short and sweet as we have our rental inspection and I would like to catch up with the real estate people. I will come straight from doing Tom's reading at school so will also be there about 10:30!
K

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.