Castaway

Old Mar 18th 2004, 9:00 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Castaway

Found an absolutely beautiful beach in NZ ... was actually looking at houses around the area and just happened across, it is called Woodend beach and is near Christchurch. I had dropped the kids at school/nursery and decided to have a run out on my own.
I walked through a pine tree wood,( the trees were huge!) to get to it and the smell of the pine was absolutely wonderful. I walked over the brow of this hill and there in front of me was the most beautiful beach .. there wasnt a soul on it and all I could hear was the wind and the sound of the sea, it was magic, I felt like I was in that film "Castaway"
Old Mar 18th 2004, 9:39 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

That is what living in paradise is all about!!
Old Mar 18th 2004, 10:06 am
earlswood

Sounds absolutley wonderful

Old Mar 18th 2004, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

debio is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like you found a liitle piece of heaven on earth there-ENJOY!
Old Mar 18th 2004, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

[Sounds wonderful, your own beach
Old Mar 18th 2004, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

R u trying to make me envious........sitting in a grotty office in portsmouth..........I am cold......bored and fed up...........and after reading your posting also green with envy!!!!
Old Mar 18th 2004, 12:29 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Dagboy & I have been to the island where they filmed Castaway, it actually is a deserted island called Monuriki, in the Mamanuca group in Fiji. Nothing much better than being on an island like that .

Sky, it sounds wonderful, just dont tell everyone!
Old Mar 18th 2004, 3:07 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Castaway

Originally posted by sky
Found an absolutely beautiful beach in NZ ... was actually looking at houses around the area and just happened across, it is called Woodend beach and is near Christchurch. I had dropped the kids at school/nursery and decided to have a run out on my own.
I walked through a pine tree wood,( the trees were huge!) to get to it and the smell of the pine was absolutely wonderful. I walked over the brow of this hill and there in front of me was the most beautiful beach .. there wasnt a soul on it and all I could hear was the wind and the sound of the sea, it was magic, I felt like I was in that film "Castaway"
I am so jealous of you, I could cry. wonderful for you. Its great. Enjoy!
Old Mar 18th 2004, 5:59 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I sent a text to my sister while I was sat there to tell her all about it and she had just been carrying out tests all that day on a refuse site in the uk!
Think she sent back F**k Off or something on those lines lol

Last edited by sky; Mar 18th 2004 at 6:40 pm.
Old Mar 18th 2004, 6:22 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Life's a beach. And then you Maori one.
Old Mar 18th 2004, 6:44 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't take it to far....like talking to the kid's football !

all the best plum
Old Mar 19th 2004, 3:38 am
sky
Banned

Default woodend beach

a picture of woodend beach, I hope
Attached Thumbnails Castaway-woodend-beach-12.jpg  
Old Mar 19th 2004, 3:53 am
sky
Banned

SUCCESS!!!! Cant believe I finally managed to post a photo that wasnt HUGE!! Mind you have gone the other way now and it is a bit small now lol