Cast Iron Pans

Old May 12th 2010, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cast Iron Pans

Does anybody know a good place to buy cast iron pans in Sydney? I'm binning the horrible non-stick variety Thanks everyone...
Old May 12th 2010, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cast Iron Pans

Here are 2 sites we have bought from , will give you a price indicator to bargain with in a store.

Code:
http://www.kitchenwaredirect.com.au/Le-Chasseur
Code:
http://www.everten.com.au/category/Le-Chasseur-Cookware.html/
Old May 12th 2010, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

Try Victoria's Basement. They have a shop on the corner of Parramatta and Silverwater Roads or their website. You will find all the best makes at very low prices.
Old May 12th 2010, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

I have a Le Chasseur pan. Love it.
Old May 12th 2010, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

galba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rainydaze
Does anybody know a good place to buy cast iron pans in Sydney? I'm binning the horrible non-stick variety Thanks everyone...
Ikea do them - good quality and non-stick too.

Red dot have them on offer $99 for a set of 4.
Old May 12th 2010, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Berkshire, UK for now... flying to Brisbane 11th June!
Jane and Jason has a spectacular aura aboutJane and Jason has a spectacular aura aboutJane and Jason has a spectacular aura about

I have a set of Le Creuset pans and absolutely love them. Bought them 2nd hand of ebay and couldn't be happier with them, definitely worth the money.
Old May 12th 2010, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Rod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to all

i have le creuset pans - very good indeed.

but be careful as the bigger the size the heavier they get. and watch out when using the frying pan - if you have the heat on too high on it the non stick coating will come off and ruin it - le creuset wont replace as it is in the small print.
Old May 12th 2010, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rod-Helen-Poppy
i have le creuset pans - very good indeed.

but be careful as the bigger the size the heavier they get. and watch out when using the frying pan - if you have the heat on too high on it the non stick coating will come off and ruin it - le creuset wont replace as it is in the small print.
Yeah, they have to be used on low heat, turning it up as you need to, but no high heat...the enamel comes off.
Old May 13th 2010, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rainydaze
Fly to the UK, buy Le Creuset pans from an outlet store and bring them back. Will probably be cheaper than buying them over here!

Cheers

Steve
Old May 13th 2010, 12:47 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lonndongeek
Fly to the UK, buy Le Creuset pans from an outlet store and bring them back. Will probably be cheaper than buying them over here!

Cheers

Steve
Just make sure you have a lot of luggage allowance - they weigh a ton. Actually I would fly to France - they are half the price (or more) of the UK there.
Old May 13th 2010, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Just make sure you have a lot of luggage allowance - they weigh a ton. Actually I would fly to France - they are half the price (or more) of the UK there.
I did consider bringing some back last time we went home to France but you'd definitely be using up the whole baggage allowance

You can pick up some Le Creuset here during the sales for an almost decent price... Still more expensive than France though.
Old May 13th 2010, 5:12 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I would have loved them but I can barely life them empty so fill one with casserole and I would have no chance!
Old May 13th 2010, 6:30 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by galba
Ikea do them - good quality and non-stick too.

Red dot have them on offer $99 for a set of 4.
Non-glazed cast iron pans need no non-stick anything. The pans are porous enough, so that they absorb a bit of oil and fat, creating their own non-stick surface. They can not be washed in the washing machines too, because this surface is dissolved by the detergent and you kind of start over. I use two iron cast pans and a pot, all non-glazed, that served me well for almost ten years - can't be happier with them.
Old May 13th 2010, 7:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I should put a whole lot in my shipment and sell them to you guys when I arrive.
Old May 13th 2010, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the replies guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.