Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cashback Mortage Brokers

Cashback Mortage Brokers

Old Oct 4th 2009, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

virginiec will become famous soon enough
Default Cashback Mortage Brokers

Am thinking of taking the plunge on buying a house.Getting finance should not be an issue.

I remember that there are a couple of mortgage brokers who give you a cashback/rebate if you go through them.

Has anyone used them/got any experiences?
Old Oct 5th 2009, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cashback Mortage Brokers

Originally Posted by virginiec
Am thinking of taking the plunge on buying a house.Getting finance should not be an issue.

I remember that there are a couple of mortgage brokers who give you a cashback/rebate if you go through them.

Has anyone used them/got any experiences?
Anyone who gives you a cash back/rebate - believe me you are paying for it one way or another.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 5:58 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Cashback Mortage Brokers

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
Anyone who gives you a cash back/rebate - believe me you are paying for it one way or another.
I am not so sure.

All it means is that the finance broker splits the commission with you, they therefore don't earn as much, per transaction, but maybe get more transactions/higher turnover, to compensate.

All it really comes down to is cutting the price, something that everyone seems to want.

http://www.refundhomeloans.com.au are the big one for this.

On a $300k loan, a broker can get as much as $3,000 for putting you and a lender together. Giving you back $1,000 and only keeping $2,000 for themselves is still a good return