Cash in Pension

Old Nov 19th 2011, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

koolkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cash in Pension

HI

Does anyone know if I can cash in a pension which I had at a company in the UK when I worked there 3 years ago.

Im in australia now and could do with the cash now URGENT!!

There MUST be a way of cashing this in (its only 5k quid) because I will NOT be likely going to back to live in the UK again, thats for sure!

Any help on this urgent matter as I need cash !
Old Nov 19th 2011, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

Andrew Williams is just really niceAndrew Williams is just really niceAndrew Williams is just really niceAndrew Williams is just really niceAndrew Williams is just really niceAndrew Williams is just really niceAndrew Williams is just really niceAndrew Williams is just really nice
Default Re: Cash in Pension

Originally Posted by koolkat
HI

Does anyone know if I can cash in a pension which I had at a company in the UK when I worked there 3 years ago.

There MUST be a way of cashing this in (its only 5k quid) because I will NOT be likely going to back to live in the UK again, thats for sure!

Hi

If it's a personal pension then not under current UK legislation there isn't unless you have reached the schemes retirement age and then it could be possible under the rules of triviality.

Regards

Andy
Old Nov 19th 2011, 7:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

No there mustn't. It is highly unlikely you can pull anything out of a UK pension before retirement.
Old Nov 21st 2011, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

johnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of light

HI

No you can't "cash it in". You can bring it over to Aus and dump it in a qualifying super fund though.
Old Nov 21st 2011, 3:26 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

HI

As far as I am aware, the only time that you can cash in a pension early is if you are in an occupational pension, and left that occupation before qualifying for benefits.

You may need to review your circumstances and see if this is the case for you. Otherwise, you may well be stuck with it until you are of pensionable age.

S