Cash Converters

Old Apr 26th 2004, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough
Default Cash Converters

Well i had my first taste of cash converters the other day, well to sell something anyway.
My son wanted to get rid of his old playstation games, so off we went, he had 17 in total. We went in the guy in there was lovely he went through each one checked them and then offered us $70 my son said yeah thats cool, as he wants a new deck( skateboard) he put it all through gave me a receipt, i showed my licence, he gave me the cash, we left. Well we got out the carpark and was just heading up past bunnings at whitfords when i looked in my mirror and there was a red holden with 2 guys in it and one stuck his hand out the window and put a blue light on the top. i thought oh no, i know i used my indicators i wasnt speeding. Well he put the light on, i went all hot and said out loud stay calm, oh yeah the kids thought it was bloody funny Anyway he came to the window and said they had watched me coming out of cash converters and i had been in there a long time and what was i selling:scared: they thought i was a criminal, i was burning red hot i was so emmbarresed. I explained what i had sold showed him the docket had to give him my licence which he went and checked, he said they were auditing in the back and had been watching me. He wished me a good day and off we went, of course all the locals are rubber necking at us stood there, i honestly do not look like a criminal, it was so embarrasing though i have to say. I will not be going back in a hurry i can tell you, but it was funny when i thought about it.
Joanne
Old Apr 26th 2004, 10:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cash Converters

Originally posted by jopaulss
Well i had my first taste of cash converters the other day, well to sell something anyway.
My son wanted to get rid of his old playstation games, so off we went, he had 17 in total. We went in the guy in there was lovely he went through each one checked them and then offered us $70 my son said yeah thats cool, as he wants a new deck( skateboard) he put it all through gave me a receipt, i showed my licence, he gave me the cash, we left. Well we got out the carpark and was just heading up past bunnings at whitfords when i looked in my mirror and there was a red holden with 2 guys in it and one stuck his hand out the window and put a blue light on the top. i thought oh no, i know i used my indicators i wasnt speeding. Well he put the light on, i went all hot and said out loud stay calm, oh yeah the kids thought it was bloody funny Anyway he came to the window and said they had watched me coming out of cash converters and i had been in there a long time and what was i selling:scared: they thought i was a criminal, i was burning red hot i was so emmbarresed. I explained what i had sold showed him the docket had to give him my licence which he went and checked, he said they were auditing in the back and had been watching me. He wished me a good day and off we went, of course all the locals are rubber necking at us stood there, i honestly do not look like a criminal, it was so embarrasing though i have to say. I will not be going back in a hurry i can tell you, but it was funny when i thought about it.
Joanne

When we got burgled the cops told us to keep an eye out in Cash Converters for our stuff!!, seems a lot of crims here are pretty dumb, get into your home then try to offload the haul at Cash Converters who obviously have to keep records of tranactions, dumb indeed but must be a popular method if the cops sit outside ready to set chase. Never did find my stuff, had the last laugh tho the TV they nicked was broken, was giving electrical shocks!! saved us taking it to the dump anyway.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Cant believe you found it funny.................I would have been steaming at the ears!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 26th 2004, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Gold Coasters is an unknown quantity at this point

Joanne

What does a "Criminal" look like then ?

Mark.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 12:19 pm
Location.. in my office

cadabra is an unknown quantity at this point

Apart from this kind of thing, i wouldnt go to cash converters to sell something anyway. I went there once with severa items we did not need anymore as we were moving house. Some of the things were brand new and never used. The offers we were given were a complete rip off. A neighbour also took something to them and went into their shop 3 days later to see it on sales for 3 times what they had offered her. I know they are in business to mak=e a profit but thats taking the michael.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

I have obviously become very layed back to find it funny, but at the time i couldnt stop shaking.
I dont know what a crim is supposed to look like, but i had just been to a meetimg in the city so had the best suit on etc think i should look at my wadrobe
Old Apr 26th 2004, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Oh how funny Jo! Glad you can see the funny side of it. I was stopped for the first time by the booze bus the other week. Hadn't had a drink of course but immediately felt guilty, then they told me that driving on 'P' plates is an offence if they belong to your children. Durrr my eldest is 13, they're my Ps & very proud of them I am too!
If it's any consolation Jo I don't think you look like a crim but I really can't understand why they think I don't look like an 18 year old!!

Loopy
Old Apr 26th 2004, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lmao loopy i thought that was so funny, and of course i think you would pass for 18, they just werent looking properly where they Do you know i always carry ID now in case i get asked my age
Joanne
Old Apr 27th 2004, 12:30 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Gold Coasters
What does a "Criminal" look like then ?

Mark.
Like this...
Attached Thumbnails Cash Converters-gn.jpg  
Old Apr 27th 2004, 1:07 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

renth....where did yopu get that picture of my cousin Albert????

he is a lovely law abiding citizen i will have you know!!!!!!
Old Apr 27th 2004, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Well Jo, now you come to mention it some of our PS games are missing!!!

We would have bought your games off you, Elliot is always begging for more. Tell Scott we will be his new buyer if her has anymore. Don't tell me he has broken his new board already!!!
Old Apr 27th 2004, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes that board, the one he had for xmas the really expensive one has chips in it honestly kids, so he bought one half price in city beach, oh well they were his games i suppose. Ill tell scott to think of Elliot next time, they arent hot either honest
Oh Renth that guy gives me the shudders, read all about him, yvsie is it yours or kevs side of the family
Joanne
Old Apr 27th 2004, 5:31 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Yes that board, the one he had for xmas the really expensive one has chips in it honestly kids, so he bought one half price in city beach, oh well they were his games i suppose. Ill tell scott to think of Elliot next time, they arent hot either honest
Oh Renth that guy gives me the shudders, read all about him, yvsie is it yours or kevs side of the family
Joanne
In case anyone is wondering he's a serial rapist who is about to be freed because a victim is too scared to testify agains him.

He's raped or sexually assaulted 14 women apparently.
Old Apr 27th 2004, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

He said he is not a threat didnt he, and has something tattoed across his hand like peace or something, like thats supposed to make him an angel. Its a shame she couldnt testify against him, she must have been so scared to back out like that. He is in armadale area isnt he.
Joanne
Old Apr 27th 2004, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

That picture is a few years old though, look at the front cover of the Sunday Times, this "monster" now has much shorter, grey hair. It was scary reading the article about him, knowing that he is out there somewhere, a free man, and will probably re-offend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.