Reload this Page >

Case Officer Questions

Case Officer Questions

Old Sep 1st 2003, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

Kenand Nel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Case Officer Questions

Dear All,

We are having our application handled by an Agent.

Our application has been being processed for a few months now and when we asked the agent to talk to the Case Officer they told us that this was not a good idea as Adelaide had told them it would only slow our application further.

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS, OR THE OPPOSITE, FROM ADELAIDE.

RSVP, Cos I am not good at waiting....

Ken of Ken and Nel

Melbourne ASAP
Old Sep 1st 2003, 10:32 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Case Officer Questions

Originally posted by Kenand Nel
Dear All,

Our application has been being processed for a few months now and when we asked the agent to talk to the Case Officer they told us that this was not a good idea as Adelaide had told them it would only slow our application further.

Ken of Ken and Nel

Melbourne ASAP
We're in the same boat Ken our agent has specifically asked us not to contact our case officer as it will slow our application. Don't know why but we're pulling our hair out now as the house is sold [subject to contract]and no visas so we could be living in our caravan at the in-laws before too long
Sean
Old Sep 1st 2003, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

Amanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really nice

Us too. Our agent is adamant that contacting Adelaide just slows application down and gets their backs up. Other who haven't got agents seem to email their case officers freely without any effect to their application. Makes me wonder if our agents have something to hide? - maybe the fact that the process isn't as complex as we think!

We submitted our meds and police checks end of June and heard nothing. Agent advised can take up to 3 months - how long have you guys been waiting?

We have our house on the market and would feel tons better if we have our visas.
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 6:04 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Amanda&Paul
Us too. Our agent is adamant that contacting Adelaide just slows application down and gets their backs up. Other who haven't got agents seem to email their case officers freely without any effect to their application. Makes me wonder if our agents have something to hide? - maybe the fact that the process isn't as complex as we think!

We submitted our meds and police checks end of June and heard nothing. Agent advised can take up to 3 months - how long have you guys been waiting?

We have our house on the market and would feel tons better if we have our visas.
Our meds/police checks were sent [by our agent] on the 15th July
Having your house for sale won't make you feel better, it's beginning to make me feel homeless
Sean
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

pabloako is an unknown quantity at this point

We were told that too, but it is easier said than done!

We sent our medicals on the 25th July and I got very impatient so last Friday I phoned DIMA and got through to their call centre. They typed my case number into their computer and told me that they received the documents and things on the 4th August. They could not give me any updates, but at least they confirmed that the latest things I sent to them had arrived. I phoned at 7:00am UK time and only had to wait a couple of minutes in the queue.
I do hope they hurry up as our house has just sold and they want to move in the end of October!

Me being a cynical old sod, I think agents say that so they do not have to foot a large phone bill!

Last edited by pabloako; Sep 2nd 2003 at 8:18 am.
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

All,

Thanks for your response. I do not know if I feel better or worse that we are not alone in this boat.

We still have not had our call for medicals, thouch we sent off our applications 4 months ago. We have not sold our house yet but I have left my job - redundancy package too good to turn down. I just wish we knew more of what was happening.......

We did not plan on being here for Christmas but looks like we will be..... BUGGER !

Good Luck to you all!!!!!!

Ken of Ken and Nel
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all!
We're submitting our application without using an agent and got this standard e-mail from adelaide:

Your file reference number is written above. It is essential that you quote this number whenever you correspond with this office. Please do not contact any of our overseas Australian missions about this application unless advised to do so by this office.

Note that processing of your application is expected to take approximately 50 weeks unless your occupation is one of the occupations covered by the Minister's priority processing direction. If your occupation is covered by this Direction, processing is expected to be approximately 12-16 weeks, subject to all requirements being met. So that applications can be assessed as quickly as possible, you should not make any unnecessary progress enquiries within this period. Written and telephone enquiries can delay the processing of applications, including yours. When your case officer has news or instructions for you, you will be contacted in writing immediately.

You must advise this office if you change address or if there is any change to your family membership (eg you marry, have a child or fall pregnant). Any further information that you provide should be in writing direct to this office. Please be advised that once all necessary requirements have been assessed, this office will proceed to a decision on your application.

It is most important that you do not take any irreversible action such as selling your house, purchasing airline tickets or leaving your employment in anticipation of being granted a visa.

We will contact you again when your application is being considered against the legal requirements for grant of a visa for Australia.

You should be aware that if you have included any IELTS test results with your application, you will be required to arrange for the test centre to forward an official copy of these results direct to this office. Anyfurther enquiries in relation to the IELTS test should be directed to the relevant IELTS test centre.

If you have not already done so, you may wish to forward to this office your name and address, written on labels in your own language or script, to assist in posting letters to you.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Yours sincerely,
Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre

Bla Bla Bla!!!!
Larissa
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

John and Sandra is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but we were told the same thing. Our papers went away to Adelaide end of April, 2002 we were told at this time it would be about 52 weeks - we have had our Medicals/Police checks done April this year - we have received a letter to say we will get our Visa's and to validate them by 19/02/2004 but still no sign of them!!!

We have now sold our house but my patience is about wearing thin now!! Where in Tayside are you? We are also from Tayside.
Originally posted by Kenand Nel
Dear All,

Ken of Ken and Nel

Melbourne ASAP
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Thanks to you all.

After these responses I have realised that the money we had put by for the time we planned to be waiting for our visa to come through was not going to be enough - and that I would probably go crazy during the wait.

The result is that I am now going to find a job here in the meantime as we may be here for some time. I wish our agents had told us the whole truth rather than find out from all you good people.

Thanks again,

Ken of Ken and Nel

Melbourne ASAP
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 10:27 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

I wish our agents had told us the whole truth rather than find out from all you good people

when you say agents do you mean migration agent -having similar issue-just interested
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Yup, professional, world class emigration agents.
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 10:34 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

wonder if it is the same crowd i eventually went with (i changed my mind 2 /3 times-had an earlier post here -didnt go with that company-pity)

any hints who they are(with out giving to much away)
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Seang,
They are based in Scotland. I do not want to name them as I am sure they are doing thier best.

If you are in the process then you/we just have to stick with it. Just like sausage meat in a mincer......

Ken
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 10:54 am
small steps long journey

cool-different crowd

yip just sit it out