Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A case of 'carry on nursing?'

A case of 'carry on nursing?'

Old Jan 12th 2004, 7:30 pm
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all
Wink A case of 'carry on nursing?'

Ok so it's my first posting and i start with a whinge...well more of a question i suppose. I'm a nurse and midwife and am now up to week 13 waiting for a skilled independant visa. What i want to know is has the priority processing gone into random mode, considering the Aus timeline has shown some people who applied after us have got their visas! aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh. Ok composed now. I know i have got another (possible) three weeks until the 16 week mark but the thought of staying in London makes me shudder. I suppose i am experiencing the effects of 'limbo' for the first time, don't like it much but my husband is trying to drown my sorrows with a bottomless glass of bundy and coke.........
Old Jan 12th 2004, 7:49 pm
Semper Vigilante

ButtonMoon is an unknown quantity at this point

Relax people...you're nearly there.Patience is a vertue you will need in Australia.
Tell the Hubby to try Bourbon and coke..it's much nicer
Best wishes.
Old Jan 12th 2004, 8:05 pm
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all
Default Re: A case of 'carry on nursing?'

Cheers BM. The husband is on the Jim Beam. After living in the Northern Territory for a year and experiencing NT syndrome (not today, not tomorrow, not tuesday, not thursday) i suppose i should just sit back and enjoy the Bundy. However i've just realised how much i now like the colour yellow, especially when it comes in the form of an envelope with an Oz postmark....
Old Jan 12th 2004, 8:06 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I was hoping for some Barbara Windsor pictures.
Old Jan 12th 2004, 8:13 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by rob&lucy
Ok so it's my first posting and i start with a whinge...well more of a question i suppose. I'm a nurse and midwife and am now up to week 13 waiting for a skilled independant visa. What i want to know is has the priority processing gone into random mode, considering the Aus timeline has shown some people who applied after us have got their visas! aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh. Ok composed now. I know i have got another (possible) three weeks until the 16 week mark but the thought of staying in London makes me shudder. I suppose i am experiencing the effects of 'limbo' for the first time, don't like it much but my husband is trying to drown my sorrows with a bottomless glass of bundy and coke.........

....13 weeks!!?? bugger!!
did you send in your medicals and police checks at the same time as your application??
dont blame you for having a whinge!!!!
dont forget you have to post a GOT IT!!!!!! post when the envelope arrives!!
sue
Old Jan 12th 2004, 8:22 pm
So Happy We could Dance

Yep we front loaded the application and sent in Oct. Wonder if it's because we actually wanted to live in Alice Springs for a year and they're wondering if we are mad or if we have had to have a liver transplant due to extreme boredom and many hours in the bars of Alice. Trust me when it comes through, and oh yes it will (being positive) you will hear me shout GOT IT!
Old Jan 13th 2004, 10:56 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
Mine took 14 weeks, I was also becoming anxious as at the time other nurses were posting 'got its' after about 8-10 weeks. I dont expect you'll get too much sympathy here when many have been waiting 50 weeks but hey, there has to be some perks to the job

Good luck,

Michaela
Old Jan 13th 2004, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute

Hi...........can you help me on this......>

Just about to send off wifes skills assessment to the Oz nursing council (ANC)........did you do that and how long to get a reply?

Also, are they strict on having an official stamp on the certifications of exam documents ?..........my stupid solicitor forgot to put his stamp on them, but on application form witness section does say "stamp - if applicable".

I'll bet your visa is on the way to you - good luck.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 4:32 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Olibeneli,
My skills assessment took about 6 weeks to come back (last March). The NMC weren't very quick with their bits so I'd request the verification of registration asap. I dont think they're too worried about a stamp as long as the copies are signed by your solicitor, mine were certified by a magistrate friend who didnt use a stamp.
Good luck,
Michaela
Old Jan 13th 2004, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

kulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud of

Hi Olibeneli,

Mine took 19 days in total to come back. (Just showing off!)
Hope the visa is quick too!

As has already been said, as long as everything is signed it should be fine but if you're not sure and it was their fault, take them back and demand a stamp!

good luck,

Lou
Old Jan 13th 2004, 5:05 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Wow, that is quick for assessments. NOOSR have said that I will receive correspondence within 6 weeks to say they have got forms and then not to contact them for a least 3 months.

Why do these assessments take so long when you can provide them with everything they ask? Mad really, but there you go. I keep being told good things come to those who wait.

Regards
Sarah
Old Jan 13th 2004, 5:32 pm
So Happy We could Dance

Originally posted by Olibeneli
Hi...........can you help me on this......>

Just about to send off wifes skills assessment to the Oz nursing council (ANC)........did you do that and how long to get a reply?

Also, are they strict on having an official stamp on the certifications of exam documents ?..........my stupid solicitor forgot to put his stamp on them, but on application form witness section does say "stamp - if applicable".

I'll bet your visa is on the way to you - good luck.
Thanks for the good luck! They are strict about certification of documents so i would get them done, my mate had her's rejected because of it. At the same time get certified copies of the info needed to register in whichever state/territory you want to go to and send the info to them. Not only does this mean you will get a nursing licence it means it's one less thing to think about. Also if you get the state/territory licence and then apply to the ANCI it's heaps cheaper as it comes under another form for those who already hold Australian/NZ licences. The ANCI took about 4 weeks and the state/territory one 3 weeks. Your solicitor should stamp them for free as it was his/her fault they didn't (ok i may be naive here!).
Old Jan 13th 2004, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Barbara 2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya Lucy
Ours took 6 months to come through. I was the same as you- getting upset when other people were getting their visas quicker. It depends on how your getting your visa, if your being sponsored or state nominated I think it's quicker. But then if you do that your restricted to where you live and work for 2 years.

One piece of advice I will give you - if you haven't already- and in fact need to- if your selling your house get it organised pronto!
We thought waiting on the visa was agony. Selling the house is a nightmare! We're in London too and it seems to take ages!
I really wish we'd sold it last summer and just rented but we didn't want to bank on not getting the visa. (you should have the visa before your house is sold)
Old Jan 13th 2004, 5:54 pm
So Happy We could Dance

h

Thanks Barbara feel a bit better now. Still like the colour yellow more every day though oh and the postman too... don't tell the husband about the last bit!!
Old Jan 13th 2004, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

Muzzman is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Barbara, we applied for a skilled independent visa on the 25 Nov and were asked to get medicals/police checks on New Years Eve. We had actually done both before xmas. We have recently received another health and character form to fill in and so don't think it will be too long.
We plan to leave for Oz in August. The only problem is we live in a desirable location where three bed semis' are thin on the ground and are afraid that we might sell too soon. What would you do? Muzzwoman:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.