Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cars you will/ did buy?

Wikiposts

Cars you will/ did buy?

Old May 18th 2007, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

GreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really nice
Default Cars you will/ did buy?

when you got to Australia or when you get to Australia are you buying a more exspensive car than you had at home of are you spendin the same?

If your spending more is this because yourve sold your house and have money burning a whole in your pockets?
Old May 18th 2007, 7:37 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cars you will/ did buy?

Originally Posted by GreenTea
when you got to Australia or when you get to Australia are you buying a more exspensive car than you had at home of are you spendin the same?

If your spending more is this because yourve sold your house and have money burning a whole in your pockets?
yes ,but can i tell you this..you converted me with one of your threads and i am buying a small economical car thats not heavy on fuel...

how about that then,,,good on you..!!!

ast
Old May 18th 2007, 8:06 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

We spent the money we sold our 2 cars for in England on 1 car here. We bought a medium sized 4x4 which has proved too small for the activities we undertake here. We will be replacing towards the end of the year.
Old May 18th 2007, 8:09 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aston man
yes ,but can i tell you this..you converted me with one of your threads and i am buying a small economical car thats not heavy on fuel...

how about that then,,,good on you..!!!

ast
Ya big puff!!

Personally, I can't wait to get my hands on the wheel of some 6.0 L beast of a motor and start doing donuts around Bris!!
Old May 18th 2007, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Personally, I can't wait to get my hands on the wheel of some 6.0 L beast of a motor and start doing donuts around Bris!!
The QLD police, under anti-hooning laws, can't wait to get their hands on the wheel of your 6.0 L beast of a motor and then park it in their compound for an extended period!!

WW
Old May 18th 2007, 8:21 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Ya big puff!!

hey mate well yes,i a am going to swing both ways...
were having a hiyundi (jeezi wish i could spell)getz for a run about and i 'm having an xtrail because ill need something thats can give a pull
Old May 18th 2007, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
The QLD police, under anti-hooning laws, can't wait to get their hands on the wheel of your 6.0 L beast of a motor and then park it in their compound for an extended period!!

WW
Ah, but I intend to become a 'stealth' Hoon! Blacked out windows n'all that, 'Kit' style! No - one will ever catch me!
Old May 18th 2007, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by aston man
hey mate well yes,i a am going to swing both ways...
were having a hiyundi (jeezi wish i could spell)getz for a run about and i 'm having an xtrail because ill need something thats can give a pull
Good lil cars them Getz's! The missus was thinking of getting herself something along those lines for pootling about in!
Old May 18th 2007, 8:24 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

make sure you've got gps with speed areas, and cruise control.. otherwise you'll be support the police fund.
Old May 18th 2007, 8:26 pm
saoirse

Call me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond repute

Ya big puff!!

Just what Australia needs,another hoon behind the wheel of a car he can't handle.
Old May 18th 2007, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by Call me AL
Just what Australia needs,another hoon behind the wheel of a car he can't handle.
I guess the satire in my post passed you by?
Old May 18th 2007, 8:33 pm
Banned

hey dont forget me ..me and fluff have a big race planned
Old May 18th 2007, 8:34 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Do plenty of research... we found the 2nd hand cars more expensive when comparing like for like. Example, we sold a Maxda MX5 in the UK (special edition with leather etc) for the equivalent of AU$8,500 and there is nothing here (MX5) for under AU$10,000 and that is for a MUCH older model!

If your thinking of spending your house sale money on a car... check out the house prices first! Here in Perth, you'll need that cash! www.reiwa.com

People here don't have the need for a status symbol as they appear to have in the UK (my opinion). You see amazing houses here with 'normal' cars parked out side, the same style/cost of property in the UK would have a Bentley and Range Rover at the very least!

We bought a Mazda Premecy (boring but practical) and I have a small Toyota Echo (Yaris in the UK), to commute to work... 600km's on 1 tank of fuel.
Getting a company car soon.... Yay!!

I would like a 4x4 to get off the main tracks. Went down to Margaret River last year and a mate took me to some amazing beaches which were only accessible by 4X4. made me want to come back to Perth and but one!

Check out
www.autotrader.com.au
www.redbook.com.au

Cheers

Neil
Old May 18th 2007, 8:44 pm
saoirse

Call me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond repute

I guess the satire in my post passed you by?
Ohhhh satire.Thats very good.
Old May 18th 2007, 9:28 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Ohhhh satire.Thats very good.
We sold my 1 year old Saturn Relay (retail value of about 45k CDN) when we left Canada. I bought a brand new Holden Barina here for 11k. I love that $30 petrol lasts me nearly 2 weeks instead of $100 fill up weekly. I drive twice as far now, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.