Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

cars on gold coast

cars on gold coast

Old Jul 26th 2007, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

nursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant future
Default cars on gold coast

Just wondering if anyone can recommend anywhere to buy a second hand car in the gold coast, trying to aviod any dodgy dealers! will be heading out in a few weeks, was hoping to get something for around $4500 or if not then maybe consider finance if I can get it? Im on a 457 visa.

Thanks.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 4:16 am
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: cars on gold coast

Zupps budget?
Old Jul 26th 2007, 4:56 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nursesarah
Just wondering if anyone can recommend anywhere to buy a second hand car in the gold coast, trying to aviod any dodgy dealers! will be heading out in a few weeks, was hoping to get something for around $4500 or if not then maybe consider finance if I can get it? Im on a 457 visa.

Thanks.
Trying to avoid dodgy 2nd hand car dealers???

Good luck, think you may need it!

If you do find one, let us know as we are heading to the GC in a few weeks also and will be undertaking the same excercise with a similar budget!
Old Jul 26th 2007, 5:04 am
Banned

007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all

Decent used car dealers don't exist in Australia.

Actually anyone who works in the car industry here is usually a sleaze ball that can't be trusted.

Real Estate Agents are just as bad. Scum of the earth the lot of 'em.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

nursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant future

Well thank you for all that advice and completely depressing me! anyone with any positive car buying expariences???!!!:curse:
Old Jul 26th 2007, 5:26 am
Banned

007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nursesarah
Well thank you for all that advice and completely depressing me! anyone with any positive car buying expariences???!!!:curse:
my advice- if you're a chick on her own, check out the services of a car broker.

Because these sleaze bags will see you coming from a mile away.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 007
my advice- if you're a chick on her own, check out the services of a car broker.

Because these sleaze bags will see you coming from a mile away.
Whats a car broker? is it like a dealership in the UK? will be 2 chicks on our own
Old Jul 26th 2007, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

annier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant future

We have worked in the car trade on the gold coast for 30 years, they are not all dodgy, at least buying through a dealer you know it has got clear title, and not stolen which can be problem if you buy private, zupps budget cars and also binks automotive in ferry road, southport are both good dealers, by the way sarah we are from huddersfield originally, we left 34 years ago, send me a pm if we can help in any way, regards annie
Old Jul 26th 2007, 9:31 am
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold

RACQ do an inspection service. Ring them and ask them what they can do. It may be worth joining them.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by annier
We have worked in the car trade on the gold coast for 30 years, they are not all dodgy, at least buying through a dealer you know it has got clear title, and not stolen which can be problem if you buy private, zupps budget cars and also binks automotive in ferry road, southport are both good dealers, by the way sarah we are from huddersfield originally, we left 34 years ago, send me a pm if we can help in any way, regards annie
Thanks, pm sent xx
Old Jul 26th 2007, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all

Have just checked Binks and they have nothing under 10k and Zupps have nothing under 9k. Hmm
Old Jul 27th 2007, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute

Any one have any advice on selling a car on the Gold Coast?

Dealers? Private ads?

Thanks
Old Jul 27th 2007, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rosie Cheeks
Any one have any advice on selling a car on the Gold Coast?

Dealers? Private ads?

Thanks
I was in the same situation a couple of months ago. I checked the dealers around Southport and further, but the best deals to be had are deffo thru private sales, either in the Gold Coast bulletin (wednesdays I think), or online at www.carpoint.com.au . I got mine fron the latter, a private sale around your price range & reckoned I've saved about $3k on the same model had I gone to a local dealer. If you don't know much about cars, then as mentioned the RACQ will give it a once over before you hand over any cash.
Good luck,
Sam.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

annier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mooncat
Have just checked Binks and they have nothing under 10k and Zupps have nothing under 9k. Hmm
Hi Mooncat, lots of dealers will help you get a car in the price range you are after, believe me i was only trying to help i dont get anything out of it, but i know what it is like when you arrive you need any advice you can get so you dont fall into any traps, most dealers dont put there cheaper cars on the net, regars annie
Old Jul 27th 2007, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all

Hi Mooncat, lots of dealers will help you get a car in the price range you are after, believe me i was only trying to help i dont get anything out of it, but i know what it is like when you arrive you need any advice you can get so you dont fall into any traps, most dealers dont put there cheaper cars on the net, regars annie
I didn't intend any offence toward you Annie, it was just an observation, that's all. Good point about them not putting cheaper on the net though. Will def be visiting both places when we get there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.