Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cars in Aus - is aircon a must have?

Cars in Aus - is aircon a must have?

Old May 9th 2008, 11:24 am
Just Joined

wanderluster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cars in Aus - is aircon a must have?

Hi
Emigrating to Aus and seriously thinking about taking my car with me.......

BUT it doesnt have aircon!

Will I survive without it?

And would Aussies consider buying a car without it if I chose to sell?

Old May 9th 2008, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

paulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nice
Default Re: Cars in Aus - is aircon a must have?

Originally Posted by wanderluster
Hi

Yes in Queensland.
Old May 9th 2008, 11:33 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Cars in Aus - is aircon a must have?

Hi

No.

Possibly, but they would prefer one with aircon.
Old May 9th 2008, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Hills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud ofHills Boy has much to be proud of

Hi

In some respects it might depend were you go and how much you can handle it when it's hot.

Don't really need the aircon at the moment (or for the next several months), but we really, really, really needed it over the summer (we live in SA, near Adelaide).

Wouldn't have considered buying a car without aircon.

Have you read the various posts about bringing cars here? Worth a look if you haven't.
Old May 9th 2008, 12:14 pm
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

How does getting into your car and its over 50 degs inside it suit you?
Dump it and get a car with aircon,you will need it,but not so much over the next 8 weeks.Lol.
Old May 9th 2008, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

onceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to allonceinalifetime is a name known to all

I would say yes, but I also reckon decent tinting on the windows is fairly high on the must have list too. If you've got neither, and leather seats, then I wouldn't travel anywhere without a paramedic in summer, as you'll need iv fluids to keep you hydrated. If it's an old/classic car, then Aussies won't expect air-con, but if you're hoping to sell it as a new/high spec model then I think most won't be interested as air-con is pretty much standard on new cars now.
Old May 10th 2008, 2:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon you DO need it in all parts of Australia especially if you have babies or young children. We need it in Melbourne put it that way and a drive of more than 40mins would put the kids in stress.
Old May 10th 2008, 2:07 am
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=wanderluster;6328093]Hi

You need air-con in your car and your home.
Old May 10th 2008, 3:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manc1

You need air-con in your car and your home.
I'd say in Melbourne you may not need AC in your home.

It's a dry heat here. We turn ours on maybe 2 weeks a year and we got by before we installed the one AC unit.

It's easier to keep a home cool than a metal car having said that our car is not in a port or garage.
Old May 10th 2008, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light

Yes
Old May 10th 2008, 4:30 am
Ping-ponging Pom

dave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of light

Hmmm, do you like sitting in an oven and have a desire to be drenched in your own sweat?

But, then my car has air-con and I drive around with all the windows down most of the time as the 'foot shower' feature for the passenger foot well isn't popular when the AC's been on a while.
Old May 10th 2008, 4:55 am

oliver1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

My girlfriend's car doesn't have tints and the air con is so crap that we don't use it.

We survived a whole year in Brisbane without it... My new car has air con, but I don't use it as I'm used to not having any now.
Old May 10th 2008, 5:53 am
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

its like saying do i need a coat ......when its -16 outside.......
Old May 10th 2008, 6:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

We have one with airconditioning and one without - it's a no brainer in the summer time, I wont go in the very elderly a/cless one. So, of course you can live without it but would you really want to?
Old May 10th 2008, 6:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just remembered the weeks in London at 25c when I wish I had ac.

It's a car thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.