Wikiposts

Cars

Old Nov 29th 2005, 6:09 am
Just Joined

Tina Winchester is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cars

Can any-one give me some advice on shipping a car out to Australia, How much does it cost? Is it a difficult process to go through? Is it worth doing?
Old Nov 29th 2005, 6:15 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Cars

Click here for a bit of advice.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:27 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cars

Originally Posted by Tina Winchester
Can any-one give me some advice on shipping a car out to Australia, How much does it cost? Is it a difficult process to go through? Is it worth doing?
Just had a quote today for a Mazda MX-5.
£1545 with John Masons. This price excludes insurance and the import duties which are HUGE! I have been quoted a totoal of approx £5000 after all duties and GST tax have been paid.

Neil.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
Just had a quote today for a Mazda MX-5.
£1545 with John Masons. This price excludes insurance and the import duties which are HUGE! I have been quoted a totoal of approx £5000 after all duties and GST tax have been paid.

Neil.
After which it is a 'grey' (not built to Australian Design Rules) import and not worth the same as a genuine ADR import.

That may make it a drive till it stops option.

On a small point, Australian (local & import) cars are usually well sealed against dust. Dust holding moisture in the seams of a car results in rust

Try http://carsguide.news.com.au/ for local prices.

WW
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:48 am
Paul D Melbourne Aus.

Little Venice is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tina Winchester
Depending on the car you have have you thought of the availiability of parts and the cost of servicing. The average cost would be around $ 65 ( Aus ) an hour. You would not go wrong researching the type of car your looking for and the cost ( Aus $ ) wise. Unless in range of Major city centres the public transport is not something to to rely upon. The cost of fuel is floating around the $1.00 a litre Aus ^.

You can pick up a new small to medium sized car for around the $15,000.00 Aus. That is not going to cost an arm and a leg to run, because of the public transport structure here, most of us really have to run a car. This because of the size of the place alone, I have lived here since 1968, am 51 now and have been driving since I was 18. Things have changed heaps but I emphasise unless near a major town or city, transport can be costly. Good luck and really just do the math and, make your decision on that.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Little Venice
Depending on the car you have have you thought of the availiability of parts and the cost of servicing. The average cost would be around $ 65 ( Aus ) an hour. You would not go wrong researching the type of car your looking for and the cost ( Aus $ ) wise. Unless in range of Major city centres the public transport is not something to to rely upon. The cost of fuel is floating around the $1.00 a litre Aus ^.

You can pick up a new small to medium sized car for around the $15,000.00 Aus. That is not going to cost an arm and a leg to run, because of the public transport structure here, most of us really have to run a car. This because of the size of the place alone, I have lived here since 1968, am 51 now and have been driving since I was 18. Things have changed heaps but I emphasise unless near a major town or city, transport can be costly. Good luck and really just do the math and, make your decision on that.
Welcome to this forum Little Venice. May your gondola have plenty of trips along these canals