Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

carry on allowance Virgin

carry on allowance Virgin

Old Oct 11th 2012, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light
Default carry on allowance Virgin

Can anyone advise how strict Virgin is with carry on. The Flight Centre tells me I can take a regular size bag plus back pack with computer but they must not total more than 7 kilos. my backpack with computer and bits weighs nearly that amount.
I am flying from Perth to Brisbane next week. I have plenty of weight allowance left with the check in but it is for one item or i could have also checked in my hand luggage case.
What do people do in this circumstance?
I have noticed that internationally they are more intollerant of a computer pack plus other bag.
Thanks for reading and hope someone has experience recently.

Penny
Old Oct 11th 2012, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: carry on allowance Virgin

Originally Posted by quercus
Can anyone advise how strict Virgin is with carry on. The Flight Centre tells me I can take a regular size bag plus back pack with computer but they must not total more than 7 kilos. my backpack with computer and bits weighs nearly that amount.
I am flying from Perth to Brisbane next week. I have plenty of weight allowance left with the check in but it is for one item or i could have also checked in my hand luggage case.
What do people do in this circumstance?
I have noticed that internationally they are more intollerant of a computer pack plus other bag.
Thanks for reading and hope someone has experience recently.

Penny
You are allowed up to 2 pieces of carry on baggage weighing no more than 7kg PLUS a laptop, however the laptop has to be in a small satchel laptop bag, if its in a larger bag it will be conidered as part of the 7kg allowance.

All this info is on their website!
Old Oct 12th 2012, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: carry on allowance Virgin

Thanks Sassie!

I will carry the laptop in a separate bag, I wonder how strict they are about the satchell. I will check the web site now I am in the library, I have great trouble with looking at most web sites from my phone.

Thanks again,
Penny