Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Carpentry Jobs in WA - are there any??

Carpentry Jobs in WA - are there any??

Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:37 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Carpentry Jobs in WA - are there any??

Ok, so maybe I'm panicking a bit - but have been searching on web to try and get an idea of the pay for carpenters but I am really struggling to find any carpentry jobs!

As the breadwinner he'd need to get into work straight away once we're over there so I'm really worried by the lack of job adverts.

Anyone know what the chippy job situation is like and what the rates of pay are?

Thanks

Kath :scared:
Old Jan 20th 2006, 9:25 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Carpentry Jobs in WA - are there any??

Originally Posted by Clippies
Ok, so maybe I'm panicking a bit - but have been searching on web to try and get an idea of the pay for carpenters but I am really struggling to find any carpentry jobs!

As the breadwinner he'd need to get into work straight away once we're over there so I'm really worried by the lack of job adverts.

Anyone know what the chippy job situation is like and what the rates of pay are?

Thanks

Plenty of jobs around for chippy's. What sort does he mainly do there? second fix? cabinets? roofs?

In a bad week I reckon he may get $1000
Old Jan 20th 2006, 9:36 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Plenty of jobs around for chippy's. What sort does he mainly do there? second fix? cabinets? roofs?

Lol, finally an answer - I was really getting worried :scared:

Well I just phoned him at work and he said second fix?

Kath
Old Jan 20th 2006, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

rangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud of

Hi there i have a workmate who has left the carpentry game as he said that they are all butchers, using chainsaws to put in a roof and no real skill in it now, he has come into the removals game after ten years as a carpenter,
but as for work there is loads of it, good luck
Old Jan 20th 2006, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by rangersman
Hi there i have a workmate who has left the carpentry game as he said that they are all butchers, using chainsaws to put in a roof and no real skill in it now, he has come into the removals game after ten years as a carpenter,
but as for work there is loads of it, good luck
Now the hubbies in bed so I can't ask him about this but I know as a fact he doesn't use a chainsaw to do his work! :scared:
Old Jan 20th 2006, 10:38 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Put it this way, if he brought 100 of his carpentry mates, they'd all get jobs. Absolutely no problem on that front. Might earn a decent wage as well.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Put it this way, if he brought 100 of his carpentry mates, they'd all get jobs. Absolutely no problem on that front. Might earn a decent wage as well.
Lol, well he hasn't got 100 carpentry mates - just his dad who's a chippy but sadly he's too old to qualify

Thanks for the response though, it's reassuring to know the jobs exist - hopefully he'll get some pretty decent pay, carpenters aren't badly paid over here so i'm hoping the same will apply.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 10:47 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, well he hasn't got 100 carpentry mates - just his dad who's a chippy but sadly he's too old to qualify

Thanks for the response though, it's reassuring to know the jobs exist - hopefully he'll get some pretty decent pay, carpenters aren't badly paid over here so i'm hoping the same will apply.
Any building trade is in huge demand. There is a 2 year backlog on new houses.

Good luck.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 11:03 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
That's perked me up a bit
Old Jan 20th 2006, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Any building trade is in huge demand. There is a 2 year backlog on new houses.

Good luck.
Huge demand is what I want to hear
Old Jan 20th 2006, 11:07 pm

Yep me too! Bout the same as pay is here I think
Old Jan 21st 2006, 3:20 am
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

Hi, directly behind us there is a development called the Anchorage, there is about 1000 houses going in there. All the way down the freeway to Mandurah along the train line (not finished yet) there are new developments, the rest of the country is in a building slump, but by the time they finish all the work here that should be over so no one here in the building industry will feel it. Just be aware that along with the huge delays in building the houses comes a larger demand for unfurnished rentals, I have known people to have six applications in at one time and not get one of them. They have even offered to pay 6 months rent in advance (common practice now to get a place) Doesn't hurt our business as we are in short term fully furnished rentals and some people have had to extend their stay with us due to high demand for rental. You can look up web pages for Lakelands, Bertram, Port Kennedy even further south in Bunbury there is a housing boom. Hope this helps you feel better, Suzette and Will at Cedar Cottage.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all

Thanks

Don,t worry Kath like the others have said there is a huge demand for all building trade workers.
I,m a chippy and have been here for 3 months and there is loads of work about.I,m doing fixing carpentry at the mo and it,s an absolute doddle.I even had a call from a supervisor last week from collier homes offering me work.The thing is i hav,nt ever contacted collier homes he got my number from elsewhere.

If he,s into his roofing he,ll be laughing.They are so desperate for roof carpenters that i was offered a job even before my tools arrived at $300 a day.I took that until my gear arrived.

Anything else just ask.

dave
Old Jan 21st 2006, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by chippy dave
Don,t worry Kath like the others have said there is a huge demand for all building trade workers.
I,m a chippy and have been here for 3 months and there is loads of work about.I,m doing fixing carpentry at the mo and it,s an absolute doddle.I even had a call from a supervisor last week from collier homes offering me work.The thing is i hav,nt ever contacted collier homes he got my number from elsewhere.

If he,s into his roofing he,ll be laughing.They are so desperate for roof carpenters that i was offered a job even before my tools arrived at $300 a day.I took that until my gear arrived.

Anything else just ask.
dave

Thanks Dave that's reassuring. I'm gonna add you to my buddy list in case I need to pick your brains later. Just trying to do our TRA at the moment so it's gonna be a while before we're over there but we needed to know the jobs were available

Kath
Old Jan 21st 2006, 1:56 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Dave that's reassuring. I'm gonna add you to my buddy list in case I need to pick your brains later. Just trying to do our TRA at the moment so it's gonna be a while before we're over there but we needed to know the jobs were available

Kath
Hi My other half is a joiner, mainly windows, doors and conservatorys but can do most other joinery work. I was going to ask the same question,so you beat me to it. We are also about to fill in the TRA and looking to WA eventually.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.