Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Carpentry jobs in Melbourne

Carpentry jobs in Melbourne

Old Mar 29th 2010, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

Al and Jacque is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Carpentry jobs in Melbourne

Hi, we will be arriving in 4wks time, just wondering if anyone knows if there is much carpentry work at the minute, we will be staying in Nunawading and hope to find work asap, although I am not tied to carpentry I will try anything.

Thanks
Al
Old Mar 30th 2010, 8:44 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Carpentry jobs in Melbourne

many of my mates are tradies, and in general, there seems to be plenty of work out there.

plumbers, carpenters, painters, anything in the digging/excavating trade are all complaining about having to turn down jobs at the moment, and although I live in the Dandenong ranges (so not officially in Melboure) they all have plenty of work all the way into the city. (Except for one mate who's a plumber, and he wont take on a job if he has to go through traffic lights! It means it's too far away)

I do know a lot of work was created by the Govt subsidies to schools that had to be spent within 12 months, but that also means other projects are being moved back to help with the workload.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 5:30 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice
Default Re: Carpentry jobs in Melbourne

Seriously, that sounds great OH is a plumber and we're planning heading to Brisbane area................ may be conidering Melbourne now.