Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Carpenters wages

Carpenters wages

Old Jan 25th 2004, 10:06 pm
CARDIFFKID

Default Carpenters wages

would anybody know what the wages are for carpenter in oz?

Old Jan 26th 2004, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Carpenters wages

Originally posted by CARDIFFKID
Yep. $35 sm for frame trusses and fixout. Or $30.00 hour. Sydney tho its possible to get $50.00 sm if your lucky. How do I know this, we have a carpenter sitting at our pool drinking beer Reason the wages are so high for OZ is due to a shortage of chippies during the housing boom. Non boom time deduct $10.00 an hour. Qualifications and registration required in every state.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 1:37 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dotty
...Non boom time deduct $10.00 an hour.
Non boom time deduct job...
Old Jan 26th 2004, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Florida_03
Non boom time deduct job...
Dont you think the population growth is a bit too high for that tho? More people gotta live someplace
Old Jan 26th 2004, 3:24 am
Just Joined

slec is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by CARDIFFKID
In Vic 30$ to 35$ working for a builder, direct 35$ to 45$ per hour.If you have not got one you will need a frame and fix gun,compresser 50m hose.about 1500$to1800$ know one fixes anything here with a hammer and forget about hand saws.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 4:50 pm
CARDIFFKID

Default Carpenters earnings

Thanks to you all for giving me some idea about a carpenters wage.Any other info regarding carpentry in oz would be nice?

p.s

If there is a lack of skilled carpenters in oz will i get in quicker?
half way at the mo!!

Cant wait to start building houses oz style!!!

Old Jan 26th 2004, 5:03 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

If you go STNI, Victoria are looking for chippies. We have decided not to go down that root as we want to live in Brisbane.
Andrew will be very pleased at not having to use a handsaw, he loves his power tools and I'm sure he has a cordless fetish. He arrived home with another Ryobi the other day, that takes him to a grand total of 6 cordless's of different makes.

Sarah
Old Jan 28th 2004, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

chipiesteve is an unknown quantity at this point
Default t.r.a. doing it right ,giving them what they want

Hi all, first posting this.Have assembled everything the t.r.a. have asked for,references ect even some tech drawings to give them an idea of what i work from.its time to fill in the form ive downloaded from the net.

7. EXPERIENCE IN OCCUPATION IN WHICH ASSESSMENT SOUGHT.
Im a bench hand joiner but go to site as well as fit the products we make.im not qualified but have 14 yrs in the trade.
I would realy like to make an impact on this section and am finding it hard to put my daily work load into words .Are there any joiners been in the same boat .ANY HELP WOULD BE TOP BANANA.
Old Jan 29th 2004, 11:36 am
Just Joined

slec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: t.r.a. doing it right ,giving them what they want

Originally posted by chipiesteve
Hi all, first posting this.Have assembled everything the t.r.a. have asked for,references ect even some tech drawings to give them an idea of what i work from.its time to fill in the form ive downloaded from the net.

7. EXPERIENCE IN OCCUPATION IN WHICH ASSESSMENT SOUGHT.
Im a bench hand joiner but go to site as well as fit the products we make.im not qualified but have 14 yrs in the trade.
I would realy like to make an impact on this section and am finding it hard to put my daily work load into words .Are there any joiners been in the same boat .ANY HELP WOULD BE TOP BANANA.
Hi
Yes got my TRA tell them everthing you are capable of making, fitting,tools you can use power tools you are ex with you have to prove you are as capable as an ozy chip.I even broke my years down to say 60/40 % joinery/site work.It may be obvious to you and I what we can do but who ever grants the tra have they ever been on a building site I dont know?
And as I have Always been selfemployed I had to go to a solicitor
and do a sworn statement to back this up.
hope this helps.

Hope this helps.
Old Jan 29th 2004, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Now we know what carpenters earn, anyone able to advise of the earnings of a painter and decorator in Perth.

Please let it be enough for me to retire early and let the mister do the hard work!!
Old Apr 13th 2005, 5:47 pm
SMC
Forum Regular

SMC is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys

Hope some of you are still around??

Just about to start gathering info for TRA.
Any one gone through as supervisor?? and how did it go.
has anyone in Oz got an idea of how the chippy market is.

SMC
Old Apr 13th 2005, 9:35 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slec
In Vic 30$ to 35$ working for a builder, direct 35$ to 45$ per hour.If you have not got one you will need a frame and fix gun,compresser 50m hose.about 1500$to1800$ know one fixes anything here with a hammer and forget about hand saws.
Hand saw????? Hammer????

The only tools I have, have a trigger.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 9:57 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Hand saw????? Hammer????

The only tools I have, have a trigger.
OMG Brian's really a traffic cop