Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

carpenters in brisbane

carpenters in brisbane

Old Jan 5th 2009, 12:08 am
Just Joined

chippy2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy carpenters in brisbane

hello eveyone after some help off any fellow chippys made the jump and hav been in brisbane 4months tried the internet and courier mail to find a job but to no availe after any advice to find work wifes fed up of me getting under her feet
Old Jan 5th 2009, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

easty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant future
Default Re: carpenters in brisbane

The only advice I can give you is post this in one of the other forums. This is the least viewed forum of the lot and I would think it unlikely you will get much help in this one. Maybe this was by design.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 3:23 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: carpenters in brisbane

thanks for that will do
Old Jan 5th 2009, 11:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by easty1976
The only advice I can give you is post this in one of the other forums. This is the least viewed forum of the lot and I would think it unlikely you will get much help in this one. Maybe this was by design.
I'll move it to the main Aus forum
Old Jan 5th 2009, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

darrellandsarah will become famous soon enoughdarrellandsarah will become famous soon enough

been here 3 months and managaged to get a job fixing cabinets and bar fit outs for a company based in brendale.monies not that good but at least its a job.though i did get offered another job whilst fitting out a bar just waiting to here back.it,s pretty hard going though.not a lot about.where abouts are you
Old Jan 6th 2009, 12:39 am
Just Joined

Unhappy Re: carpenters in brisbane

hi me paul my wife joanne and 3 kids taylor/harrison and daniel live in redcliffe luv the place people seem nice enough just need to start working.coming out you are lead to believe you can walk in and out of jobs here,whether its to do with the time of year or the credit crunch realise this is another hurdle to climb over,one we wasnt expecting suns great but dosnt pay the bills
Old Jan 6th 2009, 12:46 am

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

We found that Nov - March is just a nightmare job wise.

When you say "monies not good" What is not good and what is good money for a carpenter?

We set up on our own and its going really well. Got sick of the pay/getting left down etc on full time jobs. Handymen etc seem to charge heaps.

Could try searching not just for carpenters, try installers, shopfitters etc - I know most firms we deal with have a job getting decent staff.

Also I seem to see most jobs on careerone.com.au for tradies
Viv