Carpenters

Old Jan 28th 2007, 11:07 am
Just Joined

mariag is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Carpenters

[F]Hi There, we are in the process of filling in the forms for Australia migration. My partner is a Carpenter has over 20 years experience but no trade qualification papers,: would this still be classed as skilled for the skilled visa application due to his experience. I'm in admin but when will fill out the points assessment my occupation is not listed would I be able to get out to oz with my partner of 21 years. Any help really appreciated[/FONT]:
Old Jan 28th 2007, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Carpenters

My OH is a brickie with no formal qualificiations. He had to get very detailed references of his training and employment but that was all so you don't need to have formal qualifications.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ohippy
My OH is a brickie with no formal qualificiations. He had to get very detailed references of his training and employment but that was all so you don't need to have formal qualifications.
ohippy,

Thanks for the reply, how long have you been out in Oz? any regrets? and is your partner doing ok for work, see my partner has always been in work he's a good carpenter he's hoping he will be excepted without trade papers, but you was saying that we would have to supply details of training and employment,this is no problem. Can you direct me to the site to do the TRA

Cheers
Mariag
Old Jan 28th 2007, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

We've been in Oz 5 months now and have no regrets. Hubby has had work since day one. To begin with he worked for a company learning the ropes on a lower wage but now he's out on his own and earning good money.
Sorry I can't direct you to the site - we used an agent which I'm glad we did. Hubby had so many ex employers and the references had to be so detailed that I don't think we would have passed any other way.
I'm sure someone else will know the website though.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ohippy
We've been in Oz 5 months now and have no regrets. Hubby has had work since day one. To begin with he worked for a company learning the ropes on a lower wage but now he's out on his own and earning good money.
Sorry I can't direct you to the site - we used an agent which I'm glad we did. Hubby had so many ex employers and the references had to be so detailed that I don't think we would have passed any other way.
I'm sure someone else will know the website though.
Cheers for all the info.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:10 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=mariag;4334448][F]Hi There, we are in the process of filling in the forms for Australia migration. My partner is a Carpenter has over 20 years experience but no trade qualification papers,: would this still be classed as skilled for the skilled visa application due to his experience. I'm in admin but when will fill out the points assessment my occupation is not listed would I be able to get out to oz with my partner of 21 years. Any help really appreciated[/FONT]:[/QUOTE

i have no formal qualifications,i had to go back 17 years to get references off a chap that trained me up from a hod carrier.your hubby must be able to prove that he had some kind of training...well thats what my agent told me and i passed so...

if you need any help drop me a line..
aston
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=aston man;4339484]
Originally Posted by mariag
[F]Hi There, we are in the process of filling in the forms for Australia migration. My partner is a Carpenter has over 20 years experience but no trade qualification papers,: would this still be classed as skilled for the skilled visa application due to his experience. I'm in admin but when will fill out the points assessment my occupation is not listed would I be able to get out to oz with my partner of 21 years. Any help really appreciated[/FONT]:[/QUOTE

i have no formal qualifications,i had to go back 17 years to get references off a chap that trained me up from a hod carrier.your hubby must be able to prove that he had some kind of training...well thats what my agent told me and i passed so...

if you need any help drop me a line..
aston
Hi Astonman

Thanks for the reply, My partner the chippie said the blokes he 1st got his training with have passed away he worked with them when he left school at 15 and has been employed as a carpenter for 25 years, never out of work. Do you think if we get all the reference's from his employers will that be enough? he his a really good chippie.

Just one other thing I'm a bit confused about the TRA it seems he only gets's the 130 points req if he puts me on the application but my job is not on the wanted list. when he submitts his application how does he apply for me too we have been together for 22yrs not married but as good as........mariag
Old Jan 29th 2007, 10:34 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=mariag;4339627]
Originally Posted by aston man
Hi Astonman

Thanks for the reply, My partner the chippie said the blokes he 1st got his training with have passed away he worked with them when he left school at 15 and has been employed as a carpenter for 25 years, never out of work. Do you think if we get all the reference's from his employers will that be enough? he his a really good chippie.

Just one other thing I'm a bit confused about the TRA it seems he only gets's the 130 points req if he puts me on the application but my job is not on the wanted list. when he submitts his application how does he apply for me too we have been together for 22yrs not married but as good as........mariag
i may well be wrong here but i am almost positive that you have to prove that you have had some kind of formal training.

i would sujest that as you learn something everyday,that at some point your husband must of worked for someone who is still about,and who had some hand in teaching him.

i am not sure about your job do you get any points for it?

and last but not least,if the worst comes to the worst,if he marries you ,do you get the points,some one else may know that answer.

on and if you do get marride ,dont forget my slice of cake..

wishing you all the best,

ast