British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Carpenter needs help !!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/carpenter-needs-help-501147/)

frorge Dec 22nd 2007 1:43 am

Carpenter needs help !!!

Hi there,

We moved to the sunshine coast about 10 weeks agao, and we are loving it !!
My husband is a Carpenter, and has had one job whilst hes been here, but unfortunatley that has now ended.

He is desperatly trying to find work again, but seems to come up against the comments " You need to be Australian Qualified, and you must have licenses " which is fine, hes in the process of sorting all that out, and should be Oz qualified by Feb.

Was just wondering if there is anyone out there, that has any contacts in the building / carpentry trade that he could maybe contact !!

Surely he must be able to do something, whilst he gets the licenses and qual ;s. I think its starting to get to him a bit, especially when he hears what the lads back home are doing !!!

Hope someone can help.

Ang

ozmac Feb 20th 2008 2:34 am

Re: Carpenter needs help !!!

Hi Ang, I am a oz carpenter working for a shop fitting firm in Kawana. They are desperate for tradies. dont need the licence as you work under the companies banner. good pay every week. you can call me if you like on 0400 593430 and i will put you in touch with them. (They have a heap of work at the moment but some of it requires living away for a week at a time so it doesn't suit everybody). Hope this helps. Cheers Col :thumbsup:

SBOZ Feb 20th 2008 5:45 am

AArrhh good old work away shopfitting..they were the days :unsure: I did that nonsense for ten years all over the UK/Europe, we used to come back after a 10 day start to finish job and realise we spent more stopping out and being away then we were actually paid to do the job!! :eek: ..London, seaside towns and Jersey left blurred memories. Since being here I haven't moved off the Coast, Caloundra-Noosa (but not half the fun ;)) PM his number and I'll see what I can do... :)

laudami Feb 22nd 2008 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by ozmac (Post 5957087)
Hi Ang, I am a oz carpenter working for a shop fitting firm in Kawana. They are desperate for tradies. dont need the licence as you work under the companies banner. good pay every week. you can call me if you like on 0400 593430 and i will put you in touch with them. (They have a heap of work at the moment but some of it requires living away for a week at a time so it doesn't suit everybody). Hope this helps. Cheers Col :thumbsup:

Hi

Im arriving at the beg of April and am a Carpenter. You said your company is looking for tradies. Can I pass you my info on to you please?
cheers