Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Careful what you wish for.....

Careful what you wish for.....

Old Jun 11th 2005, 3:30 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Careful what you wish for.....

....ever since I moved here I've been wishing for a friont-loading washing machine, (yes, that old chestnut again!) .

So today, what happens - top loading heap of junk is full of steaming hot water, and some of my clothes, and its just stopped! Just like that. Mid cycle, full of water, clothes unreachable under the surface cos the water is too d*mn hot.
And its just turned itself off. And is sitting there grinning at me without an ounce of life in itself. Mounstains of washing, no car to get to a lauderette so its downto good old handwashing for everything. And tomake matters wosre hes just signed his life away on a car loan, so we now can't afford to get a new washing machine! Washer-woman's hands, here I come.

Incidentally, when he went to get the car loan, they refused him until he had got the limit on his two credit cards reduced to $50 instead of $3000 - thats the LIMIT, not the balance owing.I knew they were like this when getting a mortgage, but it seems they are funny like it with loans as well.

Anyone got a front loader going cheap..........
Old Jun 11th 2005, 3:51 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Careful what you wish for.....

Once the car loan is fixed up, you just increase the credit card limits again
Then $699 for an LG 7kg front loader

Old Jun 11th 2005, 4:13 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Pollyana
....ever since I moved here I've been wishing for a friont-loading washing machine, (yes, that old chestnut again!) .

So today, what happens - top loading heap of junk is full of steaming hot water, and some of my clothes, and its just stopped! Just like that. Mid cycle, full of water, clothes unreachable under the surface cos the water is too d*mn hot.
And its just turned itself off. And is sitting there grinning at me without an ounce of life in itself. Mounstains of washing, no car to get to a lauderette so its downto good old handwashing for everything. And tomake matters wosre hes just signed his life away on a car loan, so we now can't afford to get a new washing machine! Washer-woman's hands, here I come.

Incidentally, when he went to get the car loan, they refused him until he had got the limit on his two credit cards reduced to $50 instead of $3000 - thats the LIMIT, not the balance owing.I knew they were like this when getting a mortgage, but it seems they are funny like it with loans as well.

Woman, the solution is bloody simple: Put the washing in a snap-lock-top drum half full of suds, toss it in the car boot on shopping day and drive flat out to town taking in the potholes - no slowing for the cattle grids. Should be clean on arrival. To rinse, tie washing to a rope and toss in the creek while doing the shopping. Affix carefully to the bull bar - dry by the time you get home.
Old Jun 11th 2005, 5:02 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Once the car loan is fixed up, you just increase the credit card limits again
Then $699 for an LG 7kg front loader
That did cross my mind actually! Must try and talk The Bloke into it
Old Jun 11th 2005, 8:02 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Hi Poll I knew there was a good reason that I brought my front loader with me. I still have whiter washing than my neighbours and I do now use almost cold water anc heap soap-liquid.
Go to Good buys - they have even better bargains than the LG mentioned.
You can always get the cash out on c/c and the saving is worth it.
We should be in Caloundra during the next 6 weeks - perhaps we can meet up for a coffee???
Old Jun 11th 2005, 8:59 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by yafm
Hi Poll I knew there was a good reason that I brought my front loader with me. I still have whiter washing than my neighbours and I do now use almost cold water anc heap soap-liquid.
Go to Good buys - they have even better bargains than the LG mentioned.
You can always get the cash out on c/c and the saving is worth it.
We should be in Caloundra during the next 6 weeks - perhaps we can meet up for a coffee???
that would be great - might even have a car by then, which would make things easier!
I'll pm you my mobile number, then you can get in touch,
Old Jun 11th 2005, 9:01 am
Merlot

A million sympathies for you Pol, happended to us and yes at a time we didn't have the bus fare to the shops let alone buy a new one. Top loaders are killers of clothes.

M

Old Jun 11th 2005, 9:02 am
dmf
Forum Regular

dmf will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: Careful what you wish for.....

Oh my god..... what next?

Credit card will be handy! Don't spend too much with that limit!

Dawn
Old Jun 11th 2005, 11:10 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by dmf
Oh my god..... what next?

Credit card will be handy! Don't spend too much with that limit!

Dawn
Getting a bit like that isn't it! Rather appropriate working for Disaster Services these days......... If I'm not at work Tuesday you'll know I;m still scrubbing the washing by hand Now get back to your shed building!!!!
Old Jun 11th 2005, 11:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Bad luck always comes in 3s as my mum always says.... So car gone, washing machine gone...

JTL

Old Jun 11th 2005, 11:49 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Bad luck always comes in 3s as my mum always says.... So car gone, washing machine gone...

JTL

Thanks for the kind thought , but I am counting the third one as being the £100 parcel of books consumed by the Australia Post black hole en route from the UK
Old Jun 11th 2005, 12:02 pm
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future

Getting a bit like that isn't it! Rather appropriate working for Disaster Services these days......... If I'm not at work Tuesday you'll know I;m still scrubbing the washing by hand Now get back to your shed building!!!!

polly why not just rent one for six months from radio rentals, cost about $20 a month...
Old Jun 11th 2005, 12:57 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

No, but i've got a dog of a top loader i'll let you buy
Old Jun 11th 2005, 1:11 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by hevs
No, but i've got a dog of a top loader i'll let you buy
I may be desperate, but there are limits (only an Aussie cretin would offer me one of those )

Last edited by Pollyana; Jun 11th 2005 at 1:14 pm.
Old Jun 11th 2005, 1:20 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I may be desperate, but there are limits (only an Aussie cretin would offer me one of those )
you forgot my first name "obviously"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.