Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Be careful of the 'diet' drinks in Aus.

Wikiposts

Be careful of the 'diet' drinks in Aus.

Old Sep 4th 2003, 7:25 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough
Default Be careful of the 'diet' drinks in Aus.

Well they've finally done it. They've approved 'Neotame' to be used as an artificial sweetener in drinks and food in Australia. In the UK and USA, we call this 'Aspartame' and it can be found in all 'diet' drinks, sweeteners (like Canderel) and 'no added sugar' foods. Animals that were tested with Neotame died in the experiments but it seems OK to feed to us! There is no dout about it, this is a poison!

Please be careful both here and in Aus.

If you want more information on Aspartame in you 'diet' drinks, email me and I'll send you all the information.

Steve.
Attached Files
File Type: doc
aspartame 03 (aus.).doc (28.5 KB, 129 views)

Last edited by SteveBannister; Sep 4th 2003 at 7:32 am.
Old Sep 4th 2003, 7:55 am
NZ In Jan (Please!)

sandypandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Used to get really terrible headaches nearly every week, worked out after alot of trial and error that it was the diet yogurts and drinks with Aspartame in that I was eating.
Stopped eating all diet stuff and headaches have stopped (however have put on a stone, but hey, who cares!!)

Sandra
Old Sep 4th 2003, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Crikey !!

footie chick
Old Sep 4th 2003, 9:16 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Originally posted by sandypandy
Used to get really terrible headaches nearly every week, worked out after alot of trial and error that it was the diet yogurts and drinks with Aspartame in that I was eating.
Stopped eating all diet stuff and headaches have stopped (however have put on a stone, but hey, who cares!!)

Sandra

Yes the Atkins man said that aspartame and the other similar sweeteners are poisons but however he does recommend two that are available in USA and one which has JUST come over her as being OK they are actually made from sugar not saccarine Can't remember the name but I think it is mentioned on the Atkins web site
Old Sep 4th 2003, 9:23 am
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

Originally posted by yafm
Yes the Atkins man said that aspartame and the other similar sweeteners are poisons but however he does recommend two that are available in USA and one which has JUST come over her as being OK they are actually made from sugar not saccarine Can't remember the name but I think it is mentioned on the Atkins web site
SPLENDA....

CHEERS, JOHANNE
Old Sep 4th 2003, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

Sandra [/QUOTE]

now it's your husband that gets the 'headaches' ! ;-)

cheers

richard
Old Sep 4th 2003, 6:07 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by johanne
SPLENDA....

CHEERS, JOHANNE

We all know what trouble the Atkins man has been in lately, don't we?

Up to 2000, Splenda had been on sale in Canada for 9 years and in the US for 3 years without any independent human studies. Would you trust something that's not ben tested properly?

Splenda also contains, amongst other things, Lead and Arsenic. Still trust it?

Research in animals has shown that sucralose can cause many problems in rats, mice, and rabbits, such as:

Shrunken thymus glands (up to 40% shrinkage)
Enlarged liver and kidneys.
Atrophy of lymph follicles in the spleen and thymus
Increased cecal weight
Reduced growth rate
Decreased red blood cell count
Hyperplasia of the pelvis
Extension of the pregnancy period
Aborted pregnancy
Decreased foetal body weights and placental weights
Diarrhoea

People are getting wise to Aspartame, so along comes a new, better poison that they can sell the public on.

Your body needs a certain ammount of carbohydrates, if you deny your body this, it will crave it elsewhere. Sweetners, especially Aspartame, actually gives you a craving for carbohydrate. So, 'diet' drinks DON'T actually help you loose weight, they help you put in on unless you're on a proper diet. Then again, if you were on a proper diet, a normal drink would be OK.
Attached Files
File Type: doc
sucralose (splenda).doc (137.5 KB, 665 views)
Old Sep 4th 2003, 9:20 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

We had some food allergy tests done and both my kids and i showed intollerance to aspartame. Took us all off the fizzy drinks straight away after reading up what this stuff does to you. But the amazing thing is that it is in just about "everything" diet, yougurts and squash and tonnes of other stuff. Its a nightmare that we consume this poison and its deemed ok, we just don't question it. I have turned into an avid label reader, the weekly shop can take hours! Oh and since cutting out aspartame and dairy (the other problem food) i've lost 2 stone, so much for "diet drinks" hey?
Old Sep 4th 2003, 9:49 pm
NZ In Jan (Please!)

sandypandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by h garrett
We had some food allergy tests done and both my kids and i showed intollerance to aspartame. Took us all off the fizzy drinks straight away after reading up what this stuff does to you. But the amazing thing is that it is in just about "everything" diet, yougurts and squash and tonnes of other stuff. Its a nightmare that we consume this poison and its deemed ok, we just don't question it. I have turned into an avid label reader, the weekly shop can take hours! Oh and since cutting out aspartame and dairy (the other problem food) i've lost 2 stone, so much for "diet drinks" hey?
Tesco's even put it in their Coleslaw!!

Richard - hubby had headaches before I put on the stone!! Says its the stress of working hard - poor thing!! He says this will change if we move to NZ and he doesn't have to do all the travelling

PS i have got back to a size 12 again, thanks to walking the dog - you never know may get to a size 10 with the extra exercise I am promised in NZ

Sandra
Old Sep 4th 2003, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jolyn is an unknown quantity at this point

We tried Splenda while trying the Atkins diet. Felt very ill from an Atkins recipe cheesecake made from Splenda. Very ill.

Found out Splenda is essentially chlorinated sugar. How can that be good for you? If I wanted my sweets dunked in a vat of bleach I'd do it myself...

Threw away the Splenda and decided to shop for bigger clothes instead.
Old Sep 4th 2003, 11:14 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

I also heard that fizzy drinks thin your bones I dont know if thats to do with the artificial sweetners or the bubbles. I keep telling the hubby not to buy any of that supermarkets own brand pop which is deliberately marketed to appeal to kids as it is full of artificial sweetners and colours. Me 3yr old is practically twitching after he has drunk that stuff its horrendous
Old Sep 5th 2003, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

if your like me, i will have a burger and diet coke, so not only artificial sweetners but shed loads of fat as well, why do i think that having a diet coke will counteract the effects of a fat laden burger

arlene
Old Sep 5th 2003, 2:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy Bale will become famous soon enough

its scary when you realise that everyday things could be harming your kids without you realising it, even so called 'healthy' foods. From temper tantrums to asthma to ADHD. too much to go into here but check out website www.fedupwithfoodadditives.info

my kids are both on additive/preservative/chemical free diets now and they have both become much happier, co operative and are doing much better with their school work too. I'm just glad I found out about it all before they hit the teenage years!!

Mandy
Old Sep 5th 2003, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

Location: Ex-Bournemouth now Sunny Florida, heading for Perth
WannabeWallaby is an unknown quantity at this point

Luckily (?) for me I loathe the taste of Nutrasweet and all those diet sweetners and refuse to eat/drink anything with them in it as the taste of it stays with me for hours - yuk! I never could understand the folks who said "but you can't taste it" but I CAN TASTE IT! Even when it is not mentioned on the packet! In restaurants I always ask for the full leaded version of coke etc and have sent drinks back on more than one occasion cos the waitress has pressed the wrong button on the pump or they have wired up the wrong pipe to the pump! So it looks like I may have escaped the sweetner poisoning episode however the downside is I'm the size of a small block of flats......hahaha! Just joking!

Wannabe Wallaby
Old Sep 5th 2003, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

That is really worrying as I drink loads of diet coke!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.