Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Career change/Tradies/How much do i need?

Career change/Tradies/How much do i need?

Old Dec 15th 2004, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

ace ventura is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Career change/Tradies/How much do i need?

Hi all,

I have noticed lately alot of questions about career change/how much do i need to live on so i thought i would let you know my observations about aus since i arrived in april, If you are prepared to work hard, work for yourself and show integrity in your work you will make alot of money.I started my own plumbing/Draining business as soon as i arrived and i started advertising in the local rags but had to stop a few months ago cos of the amount of recomendations i've been getting.I've been looking for another plumber to take on and in the last few weeks i've trialed 4 plumbers and none have been any near european standard. i've been working on renovation projects and am yet to find an australian tradie who is any good, from carpenters to electricians to tilers the only one's who are any good are immo's,i don't know if it's a localised thing and in no way am i having a go at aussies i just think that the standard of workmanship by the immo's is 100% higher so if you are a tradie just about to come over get ready to make alot of money.

Ace